Punk's Snowspeeder WIP in Studio Scale..YEHH!

:eek: n This thing is not small!! Great details on it as well. This kit is a most excellent find! Thank you for the pics!

Thanks my comrades! After battling in me head about lighting it or not i've decided not to. Its just not enjoyable to do and the point is having fun. I just don't like doing it.
I am gunna be building a big star destroyer soon and also a falcon for the group build and both will have lots of lights. i just want to concentrate on building this and painting the interior and body perfect as i can. DONT BE BUMMED!
More build updates later today!

I totally agree with that line of reasoning, Punk. For only minor lighting anyway, is it really worth the extra trouble? Especially if it's not enjoyable.

I know you'll do an awesome job painting it anway. It's gonna look great!

Keep the pics coming! ;)

You know, given the quality of detaial on this kit, it would almost be a shame to start pokin' and botchin' for lighting. What might be an idea Punk, would be to display the finished piece under a little spot or puck light. This way a veiwer could get a real good look at the detail and paintwork.

After i thought i had cleaned and sanded all the parts i forgot one big bag of small parts that had alot of flash, etc...POOP. Im still working on that now but in the meantime i got the post on for the brass tube stand all epoxied in. its on a slant to give the model some lift while displayed. and i carefully glued on a sliver of brass tube to cover the slant for a clean neat look.
A bunch if not most of the rivet holes had blurred a hair due to the casting but no worries, my trusty pinvise will fix that!

[attachment deleted by admin]

very cool! getting my first look at this thread. I've been looking at all of your builds on the forum for what seems like an hour now. Stellar work! Im sure you'll make it look awesome without the lights. Looking forward to more wip pics.

Great update, Punk! I like how you attached the brass tube for the stand. I'll take note of that one.

yeh i'll show or tell you exactly how to do it like that. it looks super clean. tonite i attached the 2 major halves. in all actuallity this kit took half the time to build than my Y-Wing. the build is actually almost done.

Update TIME!! You can clearly see the size difference in the old MPC model kit..Its rediculous! (see pic)
I didnt know the was this exhaust manifold in between the rear cooling fins. it has 4 ports each so does the Snowspeeder run on a V8 engine? A small block 350 chevy? awesomeness indeed.
I installed the bottom rudders but somewhere i miscalculated and theres a gap in the right side so maybe ill ram in some t-track cut to fit snug in there.
On the tip of the cannons I replaced the front tiny guns(?) by simply tapping out a small hole with my pinvise and cutting a small piece of brass tubing, just for that extra detail.
As you can see the model is almost fully built. I am not installing the rear fins nor the top rudder covers till after paint as they need special attention on their own and it would be a nightmare to mask around it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Really good progress mate! It really dwarfs that MPC model (which still looks great IMO).

Thanks for the pics of those tools. That isn't all you used on this kit is it?. I think my next purchase might be a finer razor saw, and a pin vice. I've got a hand drill (archimedean), but it doesn't take anything bigger than 1.5mm.

Coming together like money brother! How much bigger would you say this is than the kit
in your pic 3x's? If you were to take some rough measurements from the SS kit VS. the out of box kit
that would be awesome to know, as I scaled my scratched snowspeeder up off the same kit by 3x's.
I think for some reason 3x's is a lil bit bigger than SS scale but maybe close?Thanks anyway for any
info! ;D

Regards,
Michael

Latest posts

Back