Punk's Snowspeeder WIP in Studio Scale..YEHH!

thanks guys. i've been dying to do a Ma.k kit soo bad. Since i have zero experience with armor kits , those would be a great way to break the ice cuz its half sci fi half armor. :) :)

PpP,

Holy Crap :eek: I've missed a lot of this thread . WOW ! Great Job with everything so far. I love th X-tra detail in th "pit" it really looks cool !!

Question - Were th Gloves on th Pilots really that big ? They just look so out of scale on these Figures, now th Rest of th Figure looks Awesome , but th Gorilla Hands kinda' takes My breath away.

Dig it , this thing is Huge !! I bet it's a great scale to work in , Minus all of th Sanding & prep, but top paint it & weather ! I'm droolin' Bro !! I also Dig th lil' bits on th Main Guns !!!

oh yeh the gloves totally look clunky and thats after i sanded them a lil smaller! but in the movie on hoth they did actually wear big whitish grey glove cuz it a zero temp planet.
I made some seatbelts tonite out of some thin suede material and metal bits and shot PRIMER finally! It took a whole full can of plastikote. im all dizzy now ::)

Great as always, punkpigpen!
The details on the cockpit frame are absolutely awesome, this kit is so sweet!
Can't wait to see first bits of paint :)

Thanks Solander! ( I wish you made more you tubed videos like the Tyridium!)
So primer was done a couple of days ago with Plastikote White and pictured are the first hits of the base coat using my usual "REBEL" mix of Vallejo Deck Tan and Flat White. The cockpit color is Blue Grey Pale Vallejo. I misted the floor of the tub with a dash of Sepia heavily thinned. It serves as a good filter for darker colors.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Stunning! Those details really leap out at you. Nice job. How much weathering are you gonna do?

Oh yes, and is this Luke's snowspeeder, or someone else's? Punk's perhaps? ;)

lol! Sorry slight attention deficit there, you already mentioned that didn't you. :p

Yeh guys build some star wars stuff! And "Cave-" we need more folks over here building Sci-Fi cuz its basically the same 8 people posting builds and commenting!!!
Ok so i got all base coats on the Speeder pilots. Need to start on their faces and some light weathering to their uniforms.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Colours look spot on. And yeah, hopefully now the contest is over there'll be more new members.

Personally, I kind of like having it quiet, 'cos I've got you experienced teachers all to myself! ;D

Looking good!!

Igard said:
Colours look spot on. And yeah, hopefully now the contest is over there'll be more new members.

Personally, I kind of like having it quiet, 'cos I've got you experienced teachers all to myself! ;D

LOL I don't think you need much of a teacher anymore....

punkpigpen said:
Yeh guys build some star wars stuff! And "Cave-" we need more folks over here building Sci-Fi cuz its basically the same 8 people posting builds and commenting!!!
Ok so i got all base coats on the Speeder pilots. Need to start on their faces and some light weathering to their uniforms.

No worries my friend, I have a nice stockpile of sci fi models at home, and the main problem is trying to decide which one to build! I've got a Ma.K jones I need to satisfy soon...and just got a lunadiver stingray...might have to start that one!

Love the speeder, that's a nice sized beauty.

That is looking really awesome! And I am agreeing with others here, and am feeling inspired to do some Star Wars Building!
;)

thanks guys! Slowly getting there. I worked more on the pilots tonite. I'll get that all done tomorrow and post pics.

Grendels said:
Looking good!!

Igard said:

LOL I don't think you need much of a teacher anymore....

Hey, thankyou Grendels. I do feel like I've come a long way since I first joined the forums.

Maybe one day soon, I'll pass my knowledge on to another young padawan. :)

Latest posts

Back