Punk's Snowspeeder WIP in Studio Scale..YEHH!

yeh a pin vise is a MUST Igard if you are tapping small holes through plastic or resin. its more precise and you have full control. Yeh its all the tools i used soo far besides a razor saw not picture, CA glues, epoxy and coarse sandpaper taped to the table for larger rough surface flash.
hi Jamaica..sure i'll take measurements for you. i think the SS kit builds to 18x18 inches same as ILM model.

Are you getting the 18X18 for the SS kit from laser tip to
rear exhaust nozzle? Thanks for the help again much appreciated. :)

i'll measure it for you. i only know that size from what ive read of my particular Steve Neisen kit.

Tonite i didn't do too much besides scratch build some control sticks since the kit had none. I gave 2 to the front pilot and 1 to the rear gunner/harpoon pilot. I couldn't locate any real pics online of the controllers in there so i took a liberty. I made them out of brass rod (not tube), since it is not hollow and won't crimp when i stick it on a mini table vice and bend it with rounded pliers (to not scratch it up). Some spring (Mecha Skunk Piano Wire Extention) for the bottom of one in the front.
One one of the top rudders that i am keeping open in the final build i added a little plumbing line and some metal greeblies.
Primer is about to start very soon. YEHH!

[attachment deleted by admin]

This is amazing! the detail is incredable, great work so far. Cant wait to see it all primered up!

Sunday night update:
So as i get closer to primer i decided at looking at reference pics how packed with tubes, wires and cables the cockpit was. So i started coiling up some wire made some mounts for them and added tubing to the front and rear pilots using the Mechaskunk springs. These things rule. i ordered multiple packs of these recently in different sizes and the uses are endless in Star Wars and probably alot of other sci-fi builds. I attached them by tapping the appropriate size hiole and inserted a small piece of brass tube that was just slightly thinner than the spring. nice snug fit.
Tomorrow I am going to make some seatbelts. Apparently according to ref pics the belts were racing harness seatbelts. I think. And they are grey. I'll figure it out.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yip, he's wired up nicely. All he's missing now are his designer Ipod earphones! ;D

Latest posts

Back