Punk's Snowspeeder WIP in Studio Scale..YEHH!

thanks comrades. tonite i masked off some white and dark grey panels and permanently attached the canopy. nothing exciting to document so i didnt snap pics. Tomorrow i'll mask up the striping for the orangey-red paint.

Hey John, how are you glueing your parts together? My outrider is as warped as hell and super glue (ca) isn't up to it. Iv heard using epoxy is stronger? Where should I pic this up and what brand? (I'm in the uk to make things harder!)

If there are straight pieces , flat long brass or aluminum slats can be glued to straighten it out from the inside. but usually if you use 30 min epoxy (I use whatever brand- the kind in the clear plastic applicator in 2 parts) and then clamp the parts of the body with ALOT of clamps overnight, tht should really bring it back to form.
I always use epoxy on heavy large parts on resin. CA is fine for smaller joints and flat medium parts.
i hope that helps.
Always keep some epoxy around when using resin. but for other non warped or medium parts that need epoxying a simple 5 minute kind is perfect.

Ok thanks John, I'll grab some 30min stuff from the shop tomorrow, hows your build going???

Its going real well. trouble free. it alway depends on the kit maker how good the build goes. some garage kit guys make poor quality stuff and use old casts... these guys im getting mine from are top notch. but large part warpings are common. so dont worry about it.

Grendels said:
Looking good, I like how you painted the buttons and the screen on the cockpit lid.

Yeah Punk, I was wondering how you got the screen lookin' so berries. Great progress here man!

hi fumbles. so without any thought i used a dropper and poured in tamiya clear red and clear yellow. it swirled into a spiral on its own. when it dried i topped it with Tamiya clear. I think it looks ok. probably should of just cut out pic of an AT AT and stuck it in there.

Here's a little update... I masked and chipped all the bottom markings last night. Tonite I'll do the ones on top. We're getting there!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Punkpigpen, Wicked Awesome build!!! Details are striking and the painting with the chipped effect outstanding job!!!! What did you use to mask to create the chipping details?

I tape with Tamiya tape and then dab on liquid mask by vallejo with brushed and torn sponge. Hope that helps

and thanks solander jamaica and grendels!
all panels done... tomorrow decals!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latest posts

Back