Punk's Snowspeeder WIP in Studio Scale..YEHH!

Absolutely stunning work here, my friend!
Bravo!
P.S: Oh, my.. What the crisp details!.. the pilot's face looks so alive!
Looking it this build makes me want to try some studio scale so much.
Almost afraid of danger getting obsessed with ss only and loosing all the living space for models - with their dimensions that would happen rather soon ;D

Thank you Solander! i love the size of these cuz really it isnt a ton more work than a commercial kit and after it done i feel i have a lot more to show for all that effort. The serious work is filing down tons of resin parts before yo can build anything and the research to get the thing built correctly as most never have instructions.

[attachment deleted by admin]

:eek:
"Set your Harpoons and tow cables....go for the legs!"
That looks awesome! How did you get a little resin Luke Skywalker? :)
Fantasmagorphical.
Stunning!!!!
;D

Now all you need is a set of AT-AT legs and you would have a good dio! Great job on this one.

hey mike, lil Yoda gave me the resin luke. actually the two pilots come with the kit and they both have different faces. the only thing they dont have are legs but the studio model didnt either so the makers of this kit are just keeping it screen accurate.

That is awesome!
And you did such a quick number on it!
Do you have a job, and a significant other?
As those two things really seem to restrict my modeling time. :/

Re: Punk's Snowspeeder WIP in Studio Scale..DONE!!!!!

ha ha. yeh i work but i work at home and i have a GF yes. it doesnt take me long at all to do the painting as i admit i am better painter than builder. I put in like 3 hours a night for a month. And w/o lighting this time that saved me a night or two of work.

Hands down the best snowspeeder iv ever seen. Well done mate, got star wars on blu ray today and there's a ton of models on there all hi res with lots of detail and your snow speeder looks better!
Just one question though am I right in thinking you use pastels? Then reason I ask is that you mention using dull coat at the end. Doesn't that destroy a lot of your pastel work?

thanks! the dullcoate is testors dull on bottle mixed 50/50 with laquer thinner. airbrush on 15PSI and sprayed lightly. it dries so fast so you can do multiple passes as soon as the first misting coat is done. never had a single problem with the pastels or pigments fading. hope that helps.

I'm drooling looking at those pics! This is mind blowing stuff, Punk. Awesome kit, awesome construction, painting and weathering are stunning! :eek:

thanks! me pretty happy with how this turned out. I spent this afternoon cleaning off my kit building table as it was thrashed after 2 kits of resin, random greeblies, paint, glues, pigments and pastels making a 1/4 inch layer of muck and dust over the entire surface. :mad:

Excellent, excellent job you did on this build Punk! It's the best snowspeeder I've seen too. Thanks for logging the build. It was a treat to see this bad boy come together!

thanks scott and fumble!
@ Jamaica: Ive seen Guy's build on TheRPH. Its good too. Ive seen the probe droid as well.

Latest posts

Back