Punk's Snowspeeder WIP in Studio Scale..YEHH!

This is outstanding work as usual John! The pilots in the cockpit look so natural and lifelike, simply great.

thank you quaralane and grendels :)
i got the decals done today. nothing major just alot of those tiny triangles and a few others

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nice. Actually I'm surprised you didn't paint some of those, but they do look like good decals.

I notice also that you've taken a few wee notches out of her too. Good job!

yeh right Igard. not a big fan of decals but they are well done. yeh i notched a bunch of 'triangles on the outer rim of the speeder. i basically just followed what the pics i have of the filming model has. same with the chips in the orange red paint.

Yehh Q! Finally. it's my favorite step. Im going to try a little MIG rust products i just got to do the inner black areas of the top rudders. but before that a brown/black wash and pastels, pigments, carbon scoring marks from AT AT blast..etc.

i got a little weathering done but only in the brown/black wash department. it took me 2 evenings to clean the excess filth up due to the extreme size of her. but this kit has nice deep panel lines so the wash just sinks right in. We're really at the home stretch! Sorta.

PpP ,

Yeah Baby ! Bring on th Wash !! Those details are startin' to PoP ! Lookin HOT BOI !!

I Dig every bit of it ! I'm lookin' forward to th next Installment !

Looking really great punk! Were those decals already chipped up or did you have to do that to them? They sure do look the part. Looking forward to seeing your final finish on this monster!

thanks guys!
@ FUMBLE you mean the large striped markings? those i painted and used liqiod mask to get the chips. If you see page 1 of the thread on this you can see the supplied decals. its only the tiny markings of triangles and space text and rebel insignias.

When it comes to weathering, scale really means a lot. Excellent work here, punkpigpen, You've really made those panels shine :)

punkpigpen said:
thanks guys!
@ FUMBLE you mean the large striped markings? those i painted and used liqiod mask to get the chips. If you see page 1 of the thread on this you can see the supplied decals. its only the tiny markings of triangles and space text and rebel insignias.

Oh, OK Punk, yeah I meant the stripes. Thought they looked a little too awesome for decals!

Re: Punk's Snowspeeder WIP in Studio Scale..DONE!!!

whew...what a huge amount of weathering work. but the final dullcote wentt down an hour ago. so here she is!!!
PS> the pic of one of the rear fins is a little crooked but i sorted that out. will tak better pics soon
ENJOY!

Latest posts

Back