POINT OF VIEW CAMERA SHOT ?

schweinhund227

Hi peoples..... SMA video junkies

a question that is bugging me for a while now... HOW does some of you ?? Jon, John, Ken, Scott,Pat and so many others with Cameras...

How is the POINT OF VIEW shot "done" ??? and I don't mean.. holding the cam in one hand... I'm talking about the SHOT from Above...? my Tripod can't do that... and would like to keep from screwing things in my nice and new cupboards.

I saw a guy "on line" that strapped the camera to his HEAD.... humm not for me !

I move so much I would puke my guts out.....watching it !!!

So in a sense I need an IDEA ! or a solution ! Do you guys suspend it ? or have a mirror set up at an Angle above you and the cam pointing at it ??

I am trying to set it up so that I don't have to Re-invent the wheel each time I want to do it....

Do you have two cameras going at once.... ? side shots and Top view or do you film it twice ?

so many questions...

I was thinking of doing a Time laps build and my Camera or my Software can do it but it is the CAMERA position and a way to Secure it... that is eluding me !

take care guys and hope to see or read your solution to a Steady and stable Point of View Camera set up !

Norm

Out !

I have a tripod that will go about 7 ft tall. (Over 2 meters easily) I can creatively position the tripod about anywhere. I also have a monopod which I can attach the camera to, and lie on its side. Hence a looking downwards shot.

All of my overhead shots are done purely by hand.
The static ones are done using the vice on the corner of my workbench as a substitute tripod

I have a custom rig attached to the ceiling. Basically a 90 degree bracket with hole. I can them attach my camera to the ceiling using the proper bolt and it is directly over my bench.

Table top tripod. Basically a swing arm with a weighted base. Search ebay and you'll find a few. Most of them clamp onto a table edge.

Edit: Well technically mine is a table top unipod, not a tripod. One post into a weighted base.

Grendels said:
creatively position the tripod about anywhere

That pretty much sums up what I do. Nothing special just a regular tripod, positioned where ever, I tend to move it around to different places for different reasons/purposes.

Sometimes one of the legs gets kicked and shakes the camera, if it's too big a goof I just try and edit it out.

camera heald buy hand, thats how i do my overhead shots, i dont have a tripod, so if it has to stand still i get a platform for it to stand on.

ScaleModelMadman said:
Grendels said:
creatively position the tripod about anywhere

That pretty much sums up what I do. Nothing special just a regular tripod, positioned where ever, I tend to move it around to different places for different reasons/purposes.

Sometimes one of the legs gets kicked and shakes the camera, if it's too big a goof I just try and edit it out.

Same here. Using my webcam or Zi8, I use a tripod and just place it at the right position for good shots that won't get in the way of actual building. When I get my hands on my friends Vixia camcorder, I stick it on a tripod behind me and zoom in (within optical range).

c.

I just made an overhead rig from one of those heads that clamp to a car window. I clamped it to a scrap board and let it hang over a shelf above my workspace. I just use a weight to hold it in place.

I have another right that is basically just a big clamp - spring clamp. Camera is attached to that and i can clamp it anywhere. If I think of it later I'll post a picture.

Latest posts

Back