Getting rid of o-ring

They all do. Also, their nozzle design is conducive to spitting and sputtering, and the shape of the area underneath the cup means it's more difficult to clean completely of paint. Their trigger action is wonky too.
What an ugly and useless design

I've searched through my spare parts, found an o-ring for the same brand AB, firstly put it in a Tamiya AB cleaner bath (%50 acetone& %50 butyl acetate), it has waited about half an hour there, then i've put o-ring in lacquer thinner bath for half an hour.
Result: It's not completely died like harder & steenbeck sealant, but mostly degraded, lost about %70 of it's stiffness.

I've searched through my spare parts, found an o-ring for the same brand AB, firstly put it in a Tamiya AB cleaner bath (%50 acetone& %50 butyl acetate), it has waited about half an hour there, then i've put o-ring in lacquer thinner bath for half an hour.
Result: It's not completely died like harder & steenbeck sealant, but mostly degraded, lost about %70 of it's stiffness.
Why would you do that.

" Lacquer thinner, acetone, alcohol won't affect o-rings in modern airbrushes through normal cleaning. "
no , they do degrade over time .

You misunderstand what I said. By normal cleaning I’m referring to normal flushing, not a complete tear down.

No , I didn't misunderstand .
If an O-ring is in contact with a solvent it will degrade over time .

He's talking about the spray tip O-ring in that example .
It seals between the coatings volume and the air cap volume so it will be exposed to solvents in the paint cup during operation .

Latest posts

Back