Playing with the new toy

Holden

Had the day off today so I went outside in the yard and played around with the new Nikon a little bit this morning. It rained last night and I was able to get some nice macro shots.

These first 2 are of an early Autumn bloomer called seed-um.

Sept18a.jpg

Sept18b.jpg

This one is some kind of miniature rose, cant remember the name.

Sept18d.jpg

Next is one of our Hibiscus bushes that have really taken off this year despite the lack of rain during the middle of summer.

Sept18c.jpg

Here are some garden friends, some people don't like snails but they don't seem to bother the flowering plants so we leave them alone. Iv'e heard they can be a pest in the vegetable gardens though.

Sept18e.jpg

Sept18f.jpg

Summer is now over, the maple leaves are starting to turn and there's not much left in the flower garden. Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be able to get some nice Autumn color shots to share.

I need to get a new camera one of these days. My Canon camera is pretty old.

spud said:
Very nice Holden. What sort of Nikon did you get?

Sorry spud for forgetting to mention the model,

It's a Nikon COOLPIX L810, while not as nice as maybe some of their DSLRs it's an upgrade for me and didn't break my bank. I think for a person who wants a good all around compact camera with a 26x optical zoom it fits the bill. Mine is basic black but still looks as nice as the red one.

product_01.jpg

Specs:http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/coolpix/life/l810/spec.htm

ah well for it does have some fantastic results for a non DSLR. Nikon Make a really good sensor and handle high iso really well, so that will do you just Fine. Enjoy it :)

Nice shots! One of these days im going to buy a nice camera and stop relying on my phone ;D

MrNatural said:
Nice shots! One of these days im going to buy a nice camera and stop relying on my phone ;D

LOL Mr. Natural I took shots of my first kit completion the other day with my phone and the pics were TINY lol. Ill have to start resizing from now on or buy another new camera lol. The biggest photo of the four was 6 kb lol. TINY ha ha.

Latest posts

Back