Photo Etched Parts

joeym

I have a quick question. I thought there would be no better place than SMA to ask it.

When it comes to photo etched parts how do you find out if anyone makes photo etched parts for a kit that you buy?

How do you guys usually go about finding your photo etched parts?

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond.

I usually put a "Wild Card" search on the ON LINE Web-stores I surf on ... like for example "BRADLEY" would pop up all Bradley compatible products available on that website.... ( only ) if the word Bradley is part of the Product name of course...

Then you can try... M2A2 or M3A2 and see if other products also made for the Bradley... pop up ! do that with any model you have... some After market stuff is designed to fit many variations of the Same Sub Frame Machine that your Tank or Airplane or what ever model you are working on.... might be BASED on !!! So search for those Machines as well... you might find some pretty cool After Market stuff you would not have found otherwise !!!

Obviously you have to know what you are looking for ... and what sort of War MACHINE or Civilian Vehicle you are trying to Update !

Good luck with your searches.... and also do "Review research" on the products you want to buy ? not all products will Upgrade your model... if your model has some pretty decent details to start with ! it not because its available that it is a good idea to Buy it !!! Be smart with your money !

I often "Opt out" adding P.E. on my Kits even if they come In the box... Like many Newer kits on the market... I look at the Styrene part if available as an Option.... and if decent enough... I leave it ! if the P.E. part is WAY better... I might add it instead ! or not depends on How I feel and the look I am after !

Adding P.E. parts is not always the BEST way to update your model... I am Not saying ( DON'T Do it !!) I'm just giving you a word of advise ! there are pro's and Con's on every thing.... I sit on the Fence on that one cuz I am a Heavy user of After market parts but recently have found that I have "Kid myself" into thinking it was THE only way to make my Model look cool ! It wasn't...

It actually took away a lot of fun in building my models....!!! Now... I pick and Choose what I want on !!! That way.. I can keep some fun and add the level of details I want !!! I can't count how many Kits I have abandoned cuz of too much P.E. I had to put on .....

of course.. the choice is Yours !!!

Best of luck with your Projects ....

Norm.

Google, mate. Search "whatever kit name Photo Etch" = instant info. Then search around for a deal. :)

Latest posts

Back