Photo Etch for Pioneer tool clips

IIRC you get 5 little pour blocks with 11 tie downs on each block, so that's 55.

I could be wrong but I've used a bunch already and it's hard to tell.

Oh good, others are actually benefitting from my incessant questions ;D

I actually made a shopping list of tools I figure I'll need at some point in my war wheels build...
PE bender - $45
PE Scissors - $22
MicroMark's Metal bending plier set - $45
Circular punch set - $45
Nylon/brass mallet for the circular punch - $15
Drill bit set w/ aluminum storage pin vise - $22 (can't believe I don't have one already!)
Micro-file set w/ aluminum storage handle - $18
MicroMark Sanding wand set - $15
400 grit refill pack for sanding wands - $5
pearl tweezers - $11
cross-locking tweezers $7
Tool chest w/ Al miter block, saw, scribe, metal ruler, and a variety of knives, etc. - $57

I've been miniature painting for a while now, and I thought I had most everything I needed for model building too. Guess not. I plan on doing a bunch of scratch-building on my models to sharpen details, fix errors, and generally make them look as good as I can (no OOB for me, did enough of that when I was younger). My biggest concerns right now are having the ability to work with PE effectively, bending & cutting brass rod and tube, and scratch making bolts, plates, etc. for armor, air and sci-fi.

I have some small but fairly coarse files for miniatures, sprue cutters, #11 blades and a couple X-Acto knives, needle-nose and electrician pliers, a myriad of glues and epoxies, more paintbrushes than I can shake a stick at (including Winsor & Newton Series 7 !!!!!!!!), wet & dry palettes, 100+ bottles of Model Colour, Citadel, Coat D'Arms, various acrylic mediums, and a giant tube of Kneadatite (green stuff putty).

I'm wondering if what I'm buying is a good idea, considering what I plan on doing for my kits. Can I get it cheaper than Micro Mark? I already have discovered that the Tamiya Epoxy putty was a bad idea. whether it works or not, $8 for a 1" by 4" ribbon is NOT a smart buy. Just watched Grendel's putty conclusion vid, and am going from there.

Enough rambling... can I get some feedback from you all on my prospective purchases? Good idea, or bad idea?

To me that sounds over kill, a good blade will cut brass, I don't have a bending too yet but that would be the best buy there I think, metal bending plier set??? I use a tweezers, now I'm no expert but I do know some that will be handy but by god don't buy it all at once :)

Latest posts

Back