Photo Etch help/question?

hook1169

"220 221 Whatever it takes" - Mr. Mom , M. Keaton
Hi all, I have never purchased PE seperate from a kit and have some questions about their "universal'ness".

I have this Pak 40 and I want to know if i can use this PE KIT? Or is it only usable for the Griffon Models and I need to find a Tamiya centric PE kit? Thanks for any info/advice.

P.S. Obviously i can make just about any PE kit work with some effort, however I am looking to understand more about the process of finding the right PE or the most appropriate PE kits for a particular kit i may be building.

Thanks so much.

The Griffon PE set in question is designed for the Dragon kit.

Theoretically it should work on the Tamiya kit, if we lived in a perfect world of course, and both kits were made the same, unfortunately we don't. That doesn't mean that you couldn't necessarily use it on the Tamiya kit, but being that it is designed to fit the Dragon kit, then the instructions are going to be for replacing/adding to pieces for it, and not the Tamiya kit, and if you wanted to use it for the Tamiya kit, there maybe a fair amount of modifications needed to do so.

If you want to get the Tamiya kit, I am sure someone like Eduard probably makes a set to fit it, would be easier than trying to make the PE designed for the Dragon kit to fit the Tamiya one.

Thanks for the info. I am still trying to figure all this new fancy stuff out. I think I have a better idea of what/how this PE stuff works. I am finding that there are so many options some times it is hard to find the exact thing you are looking for..

Latest posts

Back