Patlabor Maintenance Facility

Thank you Grendels.

Had a slight problem to fix this morning.
If you look at the top 2 pieces of the left wall in the last two images of my last post, you will notice that the top section has a 2 mm overhang. this is no good as the next piece has to mount flush over these two spots.
What I did was print a copy of the end of the lower piece and laminate to 4 more pieces of card. Cut this out and attach to the end to space it out flush.

Filler1_zps43e1f8a1.jpg

Filler3_zps25fe4bd4.jpg

Filler2_zpse08350f6.jpg

This was the easiest solution.

Thanks for viewing.

Jim

Hello.
Not a lot done today.
The end module with what would be a flashing light was assembled and installed to the left wall.

Wall16_zps98d40575.jpg

Wall17_zps4444d5f1.jpg

With what I see now with this maintenance station, there is a lot of opportunity to do lighting effects if you so wanted. Lots of room to run wiring and LEDs. Maybe in the future, if I want to do another build.
I have an idea in the back of my head to someday do a full dio with all 3 labors and personnel. We'll see.
Next is to start the second level of this station. It is slowly starting to look like something now.

Jim

Time for an update.
Started working on the second level of the back wall. These are again mostly box structures, so are not difficult to assemble. Though the fist section does have inserts that have to be assembled and installed.

Wall18_zps3a6a1205.jpg

The next section is more straight forward.

Wall19_zps2a724469.jpg

These were glued together then attached to the existing back wall.
One thing I found was that underneath the overhang piece did not have colouring. So printed off another copy of that section and cut out a filler piece to install there.

Wall20_zpsf1537838.jpg

Detail parts were assembled for the top of this wall.

Wall21_zpsa344aa33.jpg

This is where the maintenance station sits at this moment.

Wall22_zps2923148d.jpg

It is getting tall. 8)

Next we will start on the booms.
Thank you for watching.

Jim

Latest posts

Back