papercraft love it or hate it you tell me..

Malivictus

Hi guys and girls of SMA I am Malivictus best known for making paper craft titans ( 40K) and other things out of paper craft..and well I have been on the SMA site for a bit and I have try to look for any post on paper craft and well its a little blank and well I just want feedback from you guys about this do you love it or hate it..

if you love it then I will post more on the subject/matter/topic and if you hate it then I will most more so you change your mind lol...I personally love it I have always loved crafting and paper is everywhere.. so its Not that hard...

well I have some Star wars templates and I am going to be doing a youtube video on the subject of making them ( at-st,at-at,TIE,) just to name a few and I wanted to know if you guys would like me to also post a guide here as well to go along with the videos..also I was going to try and snag a Falcon to join in with the group build but sadly I could not get a kit in time..so I am just going to do a lighting Kit on my AT-AT and my AT-ST when I get my LED in from the online store along with the parts ( time 555 chips are hard to get in Utah ) anyway b ack on subject..

if you guys want to see more on papr crafting and ideas inc..then please let me know..

- Peace and love.. -Malivictus.

;D Yea man love paper modeling although I don't do it,
always thought the same... it's very cheap medium wise
to create your favorite subjects! ;D

Looking forward to seeing your stuff!
Would love to see a snow speeder!
Would like to see what you use for glue, and
how you make round or compound curved stuff!

I think it's cool. Simply another medium right? Requires precision for sure. Having paper models to use as templates for plastic scratch builds is cool too.

Love to see your work.

well guys here is a small into video as to what I am doing ( ps sorry for the cat video in it as he wanted to be a youtube star ) Attack of the kittens and badgrendels curse you for the idea !.mp4

that is my channel and stuff..but it shows two of the templates that I have that I will be doing a Video and a text guide here on and PS thanks to you guys for your support I know that there are some modelers out there that hate us Paper craft but hay it i what I use to make my templates with before I move on to another like pink/blue Fome and with that in mind I will get cracking on the videos and then the writing of the guides thanks guys again...much love,karma,respect to you all

LOL! I will NOT take the blame for you getting the lighting bug......

(Love the Red alert music at the beginning. A few friends and I play a version of C&C generals quite a bit....)

Papercraft! Cool. I have been interested in it since I found a recognizer paper model from Tron on the net a while back. I haven't even started it mainly because I don't know where to start!

There are a few short cuts you can take with lighting. Just post what you are thinking about, and if you can stick to less than 10 LED's and white or blue, your wiring can be very easy to do.

LOL no I don't blame you at all Sir..I was just stating the fact that you are the first person I have seen on youtube to do it in models and have the nice side to show us/me

as for the the questions here is my answers..

Q :what Glue do I use ?.

A: well it depends on the model and where the part is if its on a hip/shoulder/ankle/or Gun I use a Strong Glue(glue gun),if its a Body part that don't or wont be used to hold anything like the Shoulder/ankle/arm I use White Glue or PVA glue...

Q: how do I shape my parts ?

A: well I have a lot of Dow wood in different size that I use when I shape them if its a odd size or one that I don't have ( a rare moment ) I use a butter knife that I use to scrape the back of the part ( not cut ) and the movement of the knife shapes the card stock/paper into the curve I need.

Q: whats the best kind of paper to use ?

A: well its Not paper you use its Card stock and they come in different Thickness I use many different kinds for the smaller parts I use thicker,because the size will cause it to be as strong if not stronger than it would be so it wont brake and thinner stuff for some other parts IE a Gun barrel on the AT-ST as it wont be touched that often..

I hope this helps answer some Questions,However if need be I will do a Video for you....also I will be doing a Video on the tools needed/used when making a simple model...

if you need anymore help I am more than happy to help..Mal

I think papercraft looks really cool. Only seen a few examples of it. It'll be great to see a tutorial and learn more about it. I'd say it looks really hard, but my knowledge of papercrafting is pretty much zero.

I'm also liking the kitten. So cute! ;D

I very much admire card modeling even if it isn't for me. Still, with absence of any decent kit of Discovery (2001) I started UHU2's version...got the nuts on the spine done... started the fuel cells, got overwhelmed, and set it aside. That was a couple years ago.... <sigh>

Latest posts

Back