Oldie but goodie to get me back into the swing of things.

BTrekker

Summers are for fishing - and since the weather lately hasn't cooperated, I've gotten a start on getting my modeling skills back.

I think I built the first one of these back in the early 70s - so 50 years later I'm building another one.
Leif Ericson.jpg

Yes, did some basic priming on the main hull - right now she's all glued up so now comes seam filling and sanding.

This is one of my favorites. Any plans to light the ion engines inside the cowlings?
At this point no - this is just a 're-introduction' to actual building. I do have another MIB in my stash and I might light that one...but that's a future project.

At this point no - this is just a 're-introduction' to actual building. I do have another MIB in my stash and I might light that one...but that's a future project.
Cool. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Base color - Model Master Flat Gull Gray (I've still got 50 bottles of MM sitting around)
Engine Grills - MM Aluminum
Upper and Lower hatches outlined in MM Gloss Black
Bridge Sensor and Wing Lasers in MM Gold.

Still some detail painting to do before gloss coat and decals.
Leif Ericson 02a.jpg

Finished this up - at least to where I want the first iteration to be...learning curve and all that. There's errors, there's issues...but I did re-learn some skills doing this...so next time it'll come out much better.
Yuri Gagarin - sm.jpg
The Matchboxes underneath are what's left of my collection that once numbered almost 200 - these were my favorites.

Latest posts

Back