Painting trouble

Aaron1883

I am having trouble with my air brush. I have a paasche double action
Bottom feeder. When I go to paint the the paint just bubbles in the cup like its blowing air not sucking it out.
It get the bubbles to go down and it just does it repeatedly, little spurts of paint will spray out
But not evenly or consistently. I have soaked all of the parts and thought cleaned everything and it still does this bubbling. Any thoughts as to a cause for this to happen?

Bottom line: air is migrating from its passages to the paint passages.

Most likely place is the tip-to-body interface. If your model uses a seal it could be bad, or if tapered metal-on-metal fit its either a tiny bit of foreign material or a scratched/deformed interface.

Also possible, but less likely, is that the air regulator might be blocked (which forces air from the airway through the paint seal into the paint passage).

Not very knowledgable with airbrushes at all but from the sounds of it bubbling in the cup it sounds to me from watching different videos that it could be clogged which is making the air travel to the cup making it gurgle and bubble ??????

soak the tip in some airbrush cleaner and try again in a few hours, it sounds to me like the tip is clogged up a bit and this is the reason for the bubbles

Sounds like a clog at or near the tip forcing air down through the siphon because it has no where else to go. Definitely cannot hurt to break the whole air brush down and give it an extremely thorough cleaning. I'd soak the tip, nozzle, and needle in something very strong like lacquer thinner as that will eat through any type of dried paint that could cause a mass somewhere in the air/paint channel. Also wipe these parts down and feel the needle with your fingers, insert obscene joke here, as you may be able to feel inconsistencies (damage) to the needle that could cause your woes.
Good luck, I'm sure this will turn up golden.

Latest posts

Back