Painting Road Wheels using a Circle Template !!!

schweinhund227

Hi guys ! and gals ! Not many but I have to ....

ok... you have a Tank with many road wheels and you hate painting those...???

I demonstrate this old technique of using a draftsman Circle template to Speed up the process !

in a few minutes you will have all your road-wheels painted and OUT of the way !

I am not discounting the HAND PAINTING method !!! just showing an alternative !

I am older and my hands are starting to shake enough to make a mess.... so this technique works well
for me !

Road Wheels Painting.mp4

Take care all !

i done this last night for the first time and its so easy its criminal. i did try kens way but i dont think it works very well on tank wheels, ill need to try it on a road wheel before i dismiss it completly

Thanks guys, This technique has good points and then you find its limitations....

Truck tires aren't as flat as Road Wheels... So I must support KEN's methode as well.... Let's not take things out of context... My demo was on Road Wheels. As in Tanks Road wheels.... Due to their concave shapes... Truck tires don't let the template get snug enough to make a good seal.

Feel free to share your experiences here ! And find out if this works well for ya!

Later!

i have the tamia 25pdr kit with tractor so i may as well test what its like on that.

NOTE: this reply is not in any way designed to challenge, rebut, or discredit the circle template method seen in the video, nor is it designed to start any sort of discussion as to which way is 'better' or why or how. The sole purpose of this post is to respond to the statement quoted below, and only the statement quoted below.

spud said:
...i did try kens way but i dont think it works very well on tank wheels...

PANTHER-TIRE

That is Great KEN ! Now we have both methods in the same post! let the viewers watch n learn
And they can use them both! Good Call!
;D

OH NO Kid
I figured I would lose my hearing as I grew older I just wasn't expecting to go deaf so soon. :'(

I employ both methods,circles when they fit well and Kens when they don't. ;D

I Love This Hobby
Tony lee

Latest posts

Back