Using Green Stuff World Paint.

Those two AB thinners contain retarder ,
the propylene glycol

I never need extra retarder .
but , I live in a humid climate .
Awesome. Thank you for all the help.

I have some retarder in my paint order from GSW, a small bottle. But since Vallejo seems to work the same way, maybe I'll grab a big bottle of that AB thinner.

I have the Green Stuff world mirror chrome, and it is alcohol based so you need to thin/clean with an alcohol based thinner rather than water

It is an amazing chrome effect

Not sure about their other non metal paints

I have the Green Stuff world mirror chrome, and it is alcohol based so you need to thin/clean with an alcohol based thinner rather than water

It is an amazing chrome effect

Not sure about their other non metal paints
I have tried their chrome paint, the brush on, and the airbrush formula. I think that is the only paint they sell that is NOT acrylic.

You don't need to thin the chrome paint. The airbrush version is already thinned. And honestly, the brush on stuff is thin enough as well. I honestly don't know what the difference is except maybe the brush on paint dries slower so you have time to brush it on.

That I do not know. I have only tried the brush on one. As you said only difference is probably being pre-thinned for airbrush and possibly some kind of additive to extend drying time?

Speaking of Vallejo.

I want to airbrush some of that stuff. Same questions. Can I think it with water? Or what can I use that I might already have? I don't really want to have a million different thinners.
Hold on… there’s 2 types of Vallejo paints - one is not recommened for airbrushing and that is Vallejo Model Color. Model Color is for handbrushing. However… can it be use for airbrushing? Some folks say it can, others say they’re not. I personally wouldn’t use Model Color for airbrushing. Heck, I’m not a big fan of Vallejo period. It leaves a rubbery/vinyly look when dry.

If you prefer using Vallejo for airbrushing, I strongly recommend you use Vallejo Model Air for airbrushing.

Hold on… there’s 2 types of Vallejo paints - one is not recommened for airbrushing and that is Vallejo Model Color. Model Color is for handbrushing. However… can it be use for airbrushing? Some folks say it can, others say they’re not. I personally wouldn’t use Model Color for airbrushing. Heck, I’m not a big fan of Vallejo period. It leaves a rubbery/vinyly look when dry.

If you prefer using Vallejo for airbrushing, I strongly recommend you use Vallejo Model Air for airbrushing.
I have airbrushed Vallejo Model Color, but only for weathering purposes. And that is probably how I would continue to use it. And I use those colors for brush painting.

I like Tamiya X and XF paints for painting parts. Mainly because those paints are so versatile.

And I am always on the looking to new paints to try on car bodies or if I want a cool special effect. This is why I am trying GSW paints. They have a bunch of color shift colors. And I am really curious about these Metal Filters they have.

That I do not know. I have only tried the brush on one. As you said only difference is probably being pre-thinned for airbrush and possibly some kind of additive to extend drying time?
I love the GSW brush on chrome paint by the way.

My main chrome paint is actually SMS Hyperchrome which is an airbrush paint. I actually did a how to articale on this paint for Fine Scale Modeler. Excellent chrome paint.

But I use the GSW brush on chrome paint for small details or to touch up the SMS Hyperchrome as needed. The brush on stuff they make is great. But you have to kind of dab it on, not really brush it.

I ordered a bottle of the airbrush formula with my GSW paint order to try out.

See my post above ;)

I use Molotow Chrome pens for my chrome work. After applying to part or kit, leave alone for a week to let it cure. The dow
I love the GSW brush on chrome paint by the way.

My main chrome paint is actually SMS Hyperchrome which is an airbrush paint. I actually did a how to articale on this paint for Fine Scale Modeler. Excellent chrome paint.

But I use the GSW brush on chrome paint for small details or to touch up the SMS Hyperchrome as needed. The brush on stuff they make is great. But you have to kind of dab it on, not really brush it.

I ordered a bottle of the airbrush formula with my GSW paint order to try out.
Fine Scale Modeler…that rag and the liberal mods (Aaron and Tim) running the forums there. Pathetic site. Been banned there not once, not twice, but three times.
FSM magazine isn’t what it used to be anymore. Same old, same old every issue…

I use Molotow Chrome pens for my chrome work. After applying to part or kit, leave alone for a week to let it cure. The dow

Fine Scale Modeler…that rag and the liberal mods (Aaron and Tim) running the forums there. Pathetic site. Been banned there not once, not twice, but three times.
FSM magazine isn’t what it used to be anymore. Same old, same old every issue…
Molotow chrome isn't very good. Maybe for tiny parts like knobs and switches, but thats about it. GSW and SMS chrome paints are so much better.

And I am sorry you feel that way about Aaron and Tim. I am good friends with both of them. Say what you want about the magazine but they are good people.

I could be wrong, but I suspect the GSW Chrome is essentially nearly the same thing as the Molotov Chrome pens, but it easier to use for painting?

IIRC, they are both alcohol based. Not sure about the drying time though. The GSW stuff dries fairly quick

Molotow chrome isn't very good. Maybe for tiny parts like knobs and switches, but thats about it. GSW and SMS chrome paints are so much better.

And I am sorry you feel that way about Aaron and Tim. I am good friends with both of them. Say what you want about the magazine but they are good people.
I agree with Molotow. Very sensitive and prone to fingerprints left behind in parts. They’re great for Oleo struts on aircrafts.

The trouble with Aaron and Tim is their style of moderating forum posts. They’re the worse liberal snowflakes who rather side with the sheep than listen to the wolves (older folks like me who speak the brutal, honest truth). They hate listening to sensible logic. Everything offends them. Even the Confederate flag on the General Lee or the Nazi symbol on a German flag on the Bismarck or WW2 German ship offends them.

Tell Aaron and Tim BlackSheep says hello. ROFL!!!

Aaaaaaand thats where you lost me.

A scale model forum isn't the place for that.
No.… when I got banned the first time, no political subject was mentioned.

When I got banned a second time, no political subject was mentioned.

And on the final third time I got banned, no political subject was mentioned. Not even religion, sexual orientation, attack on a member, was mentioned. NOTHING!
No member over at FSM is allowed to express their own opinion. Heck…I’ve called out on GMorrison (their self-appointed forum police) so many times even Aaron and Tim REFUSES to step in to stop it.

The one reason they banned me is because they’re all about protecting everybody‘s feelings than to those having a voice and being told to shut up. Sounds like typical woke/cancel culture/far left liberal bleeding hearts.

I’ve noticed the forums isn’t as active as they once were for the last few years. Problems with pop ads is never ending. When I first joined, it was never an issue until recently. Their tech guys can’t figure out how to stop it except tell members get an pop ad block app. Why? Kalmbach should be fixing the problem instead of relying on members getting an app to stop the problem.

Some left for greener pastures and better participation without someone’s feelings getting hurt. Some are still around but don’t post as much as they used to. Only a small handful are still posting because they‘re trying to keep it afloat. Missleman, oldtankerguy - harmless fella who likes to babble on endlessly, and others.

Time for you to wake up and take a good look around in forums and in real life. The wolves are getting hungry…

Latest posts

Back