painting help

need help figuring out how to paint this way

• shading

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • airbrush

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jaywaters

I have been trying to figure out how to paint my jupitor 2 model this way. I have not been able to contact or find the person who did this awesome paint sceme. I know its some kind of air brush shading, but if anyone can tell me how to do it that would be great. Oh and I am very new to the whole air brush thing too, as a matter of fact I have one of those cheap air brush guns you get at wal-mart if that tells you anything. I just tryed to send pics but i am getting an error message saying that file is too big. the pics I am tring to upload are 1kb a piece and 400kb is aloud. I dont get it???? I guess I will have to try another way to get the pics on here so you can see them.

Jaywaters: First, welcome to the Herd, and second. I use one of the photo hosting sites for my pictures and then just post a link to them with the picture button that you find at the top of the message when you reply to a thread.

But for this to work, you need the photos URL, which you can get by right clicking on the image in the photo sharing sight. Different browsers call it different things. In Chrome, it just says copy image url. I don't know for sure what it says in other browsers.

Hi Grendels, Im not sure how to do what you are asking me to do as far as changing the picture format. I am using windows vista. the jgep picture of the first one is 433kb. which is just a little above the max. the other pic is 426kb. I dont think I own any programs that down size pics, at least none that I know of. I have never had to resize pics before. I guess I didnt realize it would be so complex. I appriciate your help anyways. thxks again jay.

Jaywaters: Let me explain it a little better. First find a photo hosting site like flicker, or Picassa, or photo bucket. Upload your photos there. This way they don't need to be resized, nor do you have to change the format.

Once done, view the photo in your web browser and right click on the photo. If you are using Chrome, it will have one line in the pull down box that says copy image url. (Along with copy image, save image, etc.) Other browsers call it different things, for example in internet explorer you will have to go to properties and then it will give you the address.

Once you have the photos URL or address. In the reply box, you can click on the picture frame at the top. It should automatically put these tags into your reply:

[/img

I can't close that bracket or you won't see the text, it will try to put up a photo. Now what you want to do is paste the photo address or URL in between the two tags, and then it will display your photo for you.

If that is still not working, let me know.

Latest posts

Back