Out of Africa

Tony lee

Hi Folks
Breaking new ground here. I'm going to do my very first diorama or what ever you call them.
I've been building the Diana in the Armor section and the crews over in the Figure section. I'm now ready to go for the end zone.
I've got the materials for the base but first I wanted to get some ideas or suggestions for the composition
of the scene.
What ever needs to be moved or rearranged just let me know.

100_1147.jpg

100_1149.jpg

100_1150.jpg

There you have it so get your creative juices flowing for me Please
Thanks
Tony lee

First Tony.... :eek: Great stuff!!! Liking it just the way it is!! ;)

Since you asked, personally I would say some ground clutter. Maybe them there dried funny desert bushes and/or a couple barrels and some supplies stacked up? Road sign with a barricade. I am sure you will work something out!!

Well done!! ;)

I agree that it could use some ground clutter, or evidence of a road of some kind.
But the staging of the vehicles and models definitely frames a story

OK fellows i've got two colors of fine sand,rocks and desert grass clumps.
Before I did all the fancy work on the base itself I wanted to make sure the models and figures were
where them would be best.

My idea for what you see is:
The two units ran across each other out there in the desert waste and stopped to shoot the breeze.
Maybe one of them is lost and the one guy up front is showing the other guy some land marks off in
the distance to aim for.

I ain't no story teller or a bull rider,I just found this hat. ;D
Tony lee

Looks great just the way it is.

It looks just like they have stopped for a chat, a very realistic composition

i agree it needs a little somthing on the ground to liven up teh base, other than that tony it looks good the figs add some live to it

I gotta agree with the masses Tony ;D Great composition and everything looks bang on ,just that dead spot to the right front needs a little something in it . ;)

Chris.

Well it looks like i'll be securing the figures in their positions tomorrow and then start construction on the base.

Thanks for all the comments folks
Tony lee :)

The composition looks perfect Tony. Very convincing meeting between the two crews.

A large natural rock formation would look good in that bare corner.

Cant wait to see progress on this, it’s gonna look good.

The wife has sandstone slabs and lava rock out here in here flower beds. ;)
She works on Tuesdays and Thursdays,no problem. ;D

looks tops to why take away from two very beautifully done AFV after all it is the desert

but i agree with the rest as well im always in two minds do you or dont you but cracking work on the vehicles and men

geegad

Orbitin´around, Tony, :)

The "story" 100% OK,

I just think that the gravel is too much homogeneous... and too much gravel...

Take a look at this, it could help you to get an idea (actually it seems that this picture has been taken in the N.A. Theater of Ops, here we can see the front of a Chevrolet LRDG-style, if I´m not wrong...):
GssLrdWas1.JPG

As you can see, there are not too much ground features also, and the small rocks are more or less of "homogeneous" size...

RG

Came over to give you a hug there Tony!! ;D Beautiful!!!! Simply Beautiful!! Well done!!! ;) ;)

BJ you can only find out how deep the water is until you dive in. ;D
I thought it was way over my head but I guess not. :D

Only with your help my friend

Just think of the new doors you just opened ;)

I commend you for stepping out of your comfort zone. You pulled off some excellent work in the last few weeks. That deserves a great big ATTA BOY!

BJ

Loks really good tony, but one thing stands out to me and that's the track looks a bit shiny wouldn't it be all dusty? Or would the sand have that effect on them.

Latest posts

Back