Original Series Cylon Raider w.i.p.

fblanton

Hey everyone! Here are some shots of my OS.BSG Cylon Raider. This is the Revell re-issue of the Monogram model. Geeze, those guys. Uhmm I am scribing in many of the panel lines. The lines in black have been done.I also hope to try out some metalizer paints also on the build.

IMG_5174.jpg

IMG_5176.jpg

IMG_5177.jpg

IMG_5175.jpg

Frank Blanton

That's looking great. Scribing the panel lines really makes a big improvement on this kit.

I'll be watching this one. Love those toaster ships. Great detail and thanks for the close ups of the scribing. It's nice to see how it looks close up.

wow the panel lines really make this model come to life, i can imagine once its painted everything will really POP.

Cant wait to see more on this build bro! gogogo

8)

Re: Original Series Cylon Raider w.i.p. "UPDATE"

No photos. Just to say I have finished the panel lines on the top. There are few on the bottom of the craft That I am not to worried about. Not sure if I will do them. Lots of sanding though with 800, 1000, and 1200 sand paper. Also I am adding some "detail" to the cannons.

Thanks for looking. I will put some new pics up by Thursday.

Resp. Frank Blanton

Here are some pics just taken today July 1. I have finished the panel line scribing and drilled shallow holes within the panels. It has been primed at this point.

IMG_5187.jpg

IMG_5188.jpg

Nice! I'm taking notes from your build. I'll use them when I get around to building my own.

Yeah, very nice work!
Does any one else remember this detail?;
when I originally built one of these in 1979, those (now blank) angled panels right behind the cockpit had doors on them. I remember that, but maybe I am not remembering clearly. I also seem to have discovered that the doors were from the Invaders U.F.O. model that I got a few years after the Cylon Raider.
Can anyone here confirm that for me?

Latest posts

Back