Another Original Design

Richard Baker

New to this Forum
This one was built about the same time as the Small Scout Ship posted earlier.
It is 1:72 scale, this time I built the main hull first with sheet styrene then added details later instead of having the design being donor kit driven. It does not belong to any particular universe, just another interesting tarmac vessel.
The idea was to create a small compact ship able to explore a multitude of environments. The port side has long high powered energy projector which is able to extend and aim about 20 degrees off the centerline in most directions, unfortunately over years the some of the support arms have broken off. The leading edges on the main hull are gaped for sensors and I gave it some battle damage for a bit of history.No decals were used with this model, the only thing I think I would really change is the markings on the underside of the nose- I only had a sharpie and it still bothers me. This was, however, just built for fun back in the early eighties there were not so many SciFi kits out there I did not already have and so I just started making up my own designs...

7LUr4Oo.jpg

6afk4lL.jpg

Ki8BTf4.jpg

w6okzkg.jpg

tcNzK1I.jpg

qSz7s74.jpg

Plan Views
DxSN5Z7.jpg

G6BOva1.jpg

0E2NMNX.jpg

CIGACCT.jpg

nr7kUH4.jpg

7pE3Ndn.jpg

"Family Photo"
Here is a group photo of the last two posts as I keep them at home.
The model on the turntable is my very first complete scratchbuild, circa 1978. All are in matching scale (1:72)

6cntD7V.jpg

Love them. Reminds me of my scratchbuilt starships - I started building my scratchbuilt ships around the same time (1977-78) when I could not get the sci-fi kits I wanted. Built one out of an old (and broken) portable cassette player. The cassette cover (that lifted up) was the space dock on the ship. THanks for sharing.

Mine have all gone to heaven as models in movies for friends. And therefore were sacrificed to the special effects gods.

Latest posts

Back