OOB 1/35 Miniart GAZ-MM Mod 1941

mademodeller

Hi all I have started the first two parts of the build I haven't covered much as its basically 2 halves together.
So I'm gonna start with part three which has some small tricky pieces to do and they are quite fragile to say the least is basically the buildup of the fan belt and some other components to govern the engine.
He's a link to the video
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
The engine and gearbox first coats of paint
DSC00488.jpg

DSC00487.jpg

The components for the fan belt
DSC00489.jpg

To get these off the trees I've had to revert to a very old method which is heating up an old blade, two melt the tree near the part to remove them, then you can remove the piece of tree remaining on the part without damaging the part.
Also one of a slight problem for me is sanding some of these parts as so delicate removing the mould line that part can be broken quite easily even with a fine sanding stick once again I went back to work very old method of showing a few years ago using liquid cement brushed on to the part to reduce the mould lines so they disappear when painted.
Have also started on ladder chassis parts
DSC00491.jpg

One side of the chassis is completed that having left some parts off for the bed of the truck which I will put on later after painted
DSC00497.jpg

In the next picture and ringed the parts that are leaving off till later in the build to make painting easier for me
DSC00498a.jpg

There's a couple of things that I don't like the this model that is the instructions you really have to go through them very very carefully to find out which way round certain parts go also in instructions for the chassis part 4 for the leaf spring end yoke is shown to go into a hole in a chassis as you can see in the next picture the destiny points to that hole but if you look at part 5 which is the next picture you complain they see its correct position
DSC00495.jpg

DSC00499.jpg

You are two reference videos for the GAZ there in the Russian language but show clear details of the truck
GAZ MM, polutarka
Тест драйв ЗИС-5
That's it for this update
Thank you wall for looking keep up the modeling
And remember when building
Keep calm and have a cupper

Yikes they are Small. i have the Gaz AAA 1940 mod in the stash and im sure it has plenty of tiny bits. looking forward to your build,

Miniart GAZ-MM Mod 1941 part 2
I have given the chassis a sabbatical today it is nearly finished butts its given me a headache so today I decided to start on the figures as you can see in the 4 photos I have started to convert them to a different pose the driver with a moustache will be sitting on a crate or stump drinking a cup of tea and or a sandwich??? not sure which the second driver has a lot more work on him I will have him stepping up either into the vehicle or up to check the engine again not sure which yet.
DSC00501.jpg

DSC00502.jpg

DSC00503.jpg

DSC00504.jpg

DSC00507.jpg

It's been nice work on figures I work on parts in-between doing the truck and kitchen to give me a bit of a break.
Now back to finish chassis
Now have finished second side of the chassis I started to fit the runners the first problem came up at this point would have to say that the parts are excellent however the instructions when first looked at is quite detailed after starting this kit I find them very unhelpful the first piece which I think is the steering box is placed on the chassis there is no locking the location in on this just a round location in and the angle is not shown you have to guess what angle it should be the rest of parts of fine until we come to the first etched barss part once again this shows you where it goes that's fine then it says two bend it but to what it does not say any measurements for the etched Brass parts to be bent to shape every piece is to be guessed at.
I must say before I bought this model I looked around for some reviews of this one what I saw and reading of the reviews there was no mention of the lack of instructions for the etched barss parts for this model. I have to spend at least ¾ of my time searching through my references to try to find how each of the barss parts which parts I can pull on now all I have to leave off till later to line them up with others.
But I must say on the box it says the 14 year Olds I think they got the numbers around a long way HA HA this model I would have to say is model is for an expert builder only if.
I think this will be a very nice model when it's completed.
Pictures of the chassis so far
DSC00505.jpg

Thank you for all watching and your comments

Count me in Mike!! Got a GAZ started somewhere around here...just not this one! The fame looks like it is a PIA!! But you are making some nice progress!! Playing the cards well taking breaks and moving to the figs!!! The breaks help make the project fun!!! Keep it going!!! ;)

Looking great Alan! I like what you're doing with the figures....I'll be "borrowing" your method on that conversion! Thanks for showing it.

LOL...duh :p...Sorry Alan...called you Mike! If your anything like me, its not the worst thing you have been called before!!!

TRM
That's all right tiny sorry TRM I've been called a lot of things in my life from Fidel Castro to Castro two GTX when my beard got really full it went two uncle Albert I have to do it myself sometimes after going through the posting 300 times then posted it I have to go back and edit because I've seen something I've overlooked or missed out.
You're right there on most of the review's I have seen me mention about halfway through they never get it finished so I decided as I've got three items to build basically I could break out the builds and not get so bored by putting all that tiny parts on, if you're one is a miniart GAZ AA or MM or AAA a lot of the components are the same as the MM was cut down by materials as the Germans were advancing and the Soviets needed trucks but hadn't got the material they said the trucks don't need doors front brakes or two axles and we don't need a cap so they used canvas for the back and roof and doors.
fumblethumbs
Hi I've been using this method for a long time and found it when I was using HISTOREX
Models I found this method useful over the years I also use heat at the joints to bend them sometimes as I did with the B25 build you're welcome to give it a go that is why I put them up to help other models we all have our ways sometimes about than others sometimes you see something else that you would like to try to advance your modeling.

Hi all over the last couple of weeks I've not done a great deal due to the fact that my landlord has decided to put new a kitchen units and tops in my property so I have had to clear out my kitchen for the new one to be fitted.
However I have managed to do all the wheels for both vehicles which meant 10 wheels in all and 10 parts to each wheel and also managed to finish the chassis and now is waiting for painting to put the wheels on.
On the figure side I've done all the conversion on the figures for now and there waiting for painting.
In the pictures you will see I had thinned down the tunic edge as before you could see the molding between the edge and the leg now I have a undercut the tunic I think looks better and finds that it a better division from the tunic to the legs I will do this for all the figures. I've also built most of the figures that is the legs and torso parts have been fitted together the arms will be fitted later when I finally decided by placing on the diorama. The figures for heads will be painted separately and fitted last of all.
That's about it for the past weeks have also been working on a couple of shelf of doom models.
Now I'll have to take a week off from building models as the workmen will be in and out of my place and I have to put back all my items in the kitchen.
Here is some pictures and a video to be going on with for now
GAZ 1941 Part 3
DSC00527.jpg

DSC00531.jpg

DSC00533.jpg

DSC00520.jpg

just a small update for now
Thank's for looking
Keep up the modelling
Alan

Looking good, thanks for giving me some ideas on working with figures, I am in the process of attempting my first figures.

-Steven

WigWag Workshop
If this is your first time converting a figure and you're not sure how things go.
The best way I can tell you of how lems are is to pose in front of a mirror and take notice the way the joints are in the mirror it will give you a good idea how your figure should look or if you have a photo from a book or Internet or somewhere converting the figure to look the same and the same goes for animals.
Good luck with your conversion if you get stuck I'm here all the time and I will help you if I can.
Alan

Great work on the figs, Alan. I enjoyed your video and look forward to more. Loved the tip about picking up interesting sticks while on a stroll, great stuff. Thanks for sharing. Cheers
Nate

Latest posts

Back