NYLON GAG MK 1 - FINISHED

Re: NYLON GAG MK 1?

Grendels said:
Nice work! The door does look like it is an air lock.

That was the plan G, glad you like it, i really deliberated as to which parts looked most realistic in each position. I'm a bit restricted by what greeblies i've got, i'm only robbing from 2, Tamiya Honda V211 MotoGP bike kits, a very nice looking Dragon Soviet SU-100 tank destroyer kit (don't hate me Armor folks) and a Revel U.S.S Missouri Battle ship (which is flash-tasticley bad). I also have a large supply of 'useful' looking stuff i've collected since i started this thing, mainly caps and lids of all sizes, machine tool holders and some old swimming pool pump accessories.

I'm trying not to break into one of my other kits, having said that i don't think there would be to many useful pieces, just from looking.

YOULI said:
Tried to check the first steps on your excellent work, the pictures seemed to be gone... What happened ? :(

Not sure what happened to the pix on the first page and a half, one day they just were gone?

Igard said:
And why do see the Union Jack when I look at that door?

Didn't even notice till you said buddy, i don't think even in 3011 that Great Britain would be leading the space race? ;D But you never know LOL ;D

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Gag

Evenin,

Just a few painting pix of the spine area detail tub

Crome silver,

Picture%2520930-005.jpg

Details,

Picture%2520933-006.jpg

Picture%2520947-004.jpg

Brown pastel wash

Picture%2520950-004.jpg

black pastel wash

Picture%2520954-004.jpg

Picture%2520955-004.jpg

will dry brush in the morning

Thanks for looking

Gag

Glorfindel said:
Gag Holy Cow your a real machinist.

By trade i'm actually a Tool maker but i work now as a CNC programmer/setter/operator, so yes, i am a 'real machinist' good guess. ;D

I did used to have a little lathe and a milling machine in my garage, but i sold them to buy my Ducati 8) about 3 years ago.

Now i'm back into modelling i wish i still had them, but at least i can take stuff to work and do it..

Thanks for the comments guys ;D

Gag

Evenin all

Been strugglin over the top center section, i know how i want the center base to look but the surrounding wing areas is open to subtle design alterations. Decided to make 2 options, both inter changable, the radar set up or the cannon set up. Looked into motorising the radar, $9 + free shipping motor 30 rpm 12v dc, i think that might work.
Can't put a real cannon in cuz that might turn out bad (+ to expensive) so regular scratch built styrene cannon it is.

Take a look :-

Picture%2520943-005.jpg

Picture%2520948-005.jpg

In you guys opinion, i have one question.

Does it flow?
In other words is there anything that makes you think, 'Well that don't look right'

The cardboard in the pictures will have a circle cut out to house the radar/cannon support base, difficult to explain, but i can see it in my head. Sorry only room for me, but its probably for the best......
Tell me what you think?

Gag

'Does it flow?'

It's oozing, gushing, flooding, torrenting!

**Puts thesaurus away**

Awesome work gags.

Evenin All,

Thanks for the comments Diago, have looked at your website, dude :eek: All your scratch built details just look fantastic, the TIE fighter being repaired is brilliant. Thank you for the compliments.

Igard me old chum, when i put the intended tube in position, it did flow but i thought it looked toilet ;D so, not the flow i was after ;D

Anywhatever, more pix less talk,

Small detail, box is edged with floppy disc material just to give a bit of a reflective quality behind the detail,

Picture%2520952-005.jpg

smoothed wings

Picture%2520961-003.jpg

filled wings

Picture%2520963-003.jpg

Got me lights in and mini board and switch,

Picture%2520968-002.jpg

Picture%2520972-002.jpg

made a lip on the bottom to house the airlock/access panel, filled the dege and sanded

Picture%2520988-001.jpg

Sanded and primered the wings, and the airlock, which is a push fit

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm primer

Picture%2520991.jpg

Picture%2520997.jpg

Picture%2520951-006.jpg

Picture%2520952-006.jpg

Picture%2520953-006.jpg

Thats all folks, comments welcome

Gag

Primerliscious... mmmmmm

This thing is looking more and more like a secret government project. Cool stuff gags. ;D

In the House Herdsters, whassaaaaaaap,

Thanks 'G"Man and JAM for your comments, i realy do appreciate them. ;D

Igard said:
Primerliscious... mmmmmm

This thing is looking more and more like a secret government project. Cool stuff gags. ;D

SHhhhhhhhhsh ;)

Its such a secret project, I'm not even allowed to know about it. LOL 8)

had a busy week,

LOOK

PIX

Dry brushed,

Picture%2520973-002.jpg

Middle section, top, radar/gun base thing, step by step,

Picture%2520953-007.jpg

side things,

Picture%2520955-006.jpg

other, bigger side things

Picture%2520959-005.jpg

back curvy bit,

Picture%2520963-004.jpg

Trimed, sanded, filled with zap gap, a bit of scrap styrene sanded again,

Picture%2520969-003.jpg

And no, its not the camera angle , it is twisted a smidgen :-[, if you close one eye it looks better ;D, kind of
Installed detail tub and top back spine doodad, pulled the top strobe wire thru also

Picture%2520979-002.jpg

sanded and filled,

Picture%2520982-002.jpg

Outside wing top whatsits added, with primered top grill bit, thingy

Picture%2520994-001.jpg

Picture%2520996-001.jpg

Picture%2520992-001.jpg

Thats it for now

Next i'm gunna start on the engines i think, well the outside wings and how they will attach to the engines, i think i've figured it out,

For the engines themselves, i'm using wine bottle gift tubes for the outer faring with some styrene sheet and stuff, inside will be various diameters of tube and some other aquired bits and bobs, but i think i will need more greeblies, trouble is no cash, but lets see what we can do.

Thanks for popping by, see you all soon, cheerio mates

Gag-tasticly-nearly-on-to-part-2.0? ;D

8) But remember, its a secret 8)

Nylonator
Cheers

Those engine greeblies look stunning, Gag. Shame to cover them with that grill!

Looks perfectly straight to me from looking at the pics.

Now, will she be used to freight barrels of Red Bull, or is she more suited to surveillance ops? ;D

Can't wait for 2.0 (whatever that might be). :)

Igard said:

Now, will she be used to freight barrels of Red Bull, or is she more suited to surveillance ops? ;D

No kidding, all that good detail work lost under a grill.....

Nice work none the less!

waiting to see what you do with the engines.

Re: NYLON GAG MK 1.0?

Heardsters,

Igard said:

Well mate, not engine greeblies, there the detail on the top at the back, the engines are gunna be slung underneath, on the ends of the wings. I don't mind covering them cuz there's gunna be a shed load of detail on the back of the wing and all over the main body, not to mention the engines themselves......... 8) but i've said to much.....all will be reveled 8)

The red bull will be delivered in can shaped vats. rotating about a center spindle, with lots of detail on the arms and can/vat holders. I'm hoping to put about 60 cans altogether, but thats another banana. :D

2.0 is the next phase, MK 1.0 was the construction of the main body and wings, MK 2.0 is the construction of the engines and the detailing of the main hull and back wing section and cockpit, MK 3.0 is paint, MK 4.0 is weathering, MK 5.0 is final assembly. ;D

Thanks for the support guys it realy does help, cuz i got a long long long way to go yet. Fun, Fun, Fun. ;D

So whats bin happenin, Pix : -

Sanded the top

Picture%2520936-007.jpg

Picture%2520937-007.jpg

Attached the outside wing bottom, this will be messed about with later when i attach the engines so not to fussed about the fit on the ends

Picture%2520943-007.jpg

Trimmed the ends and sanded the top,

Picture%2520956-007.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm Primer, ;D

Picture%2520959-006.jpg

Picture%2520962-005.jpg

Picture%2520963-005.jpg

Picture%2520980-003.jpg

With tape removed from front grills

Picture%2520991-002.jpg

I think that phase MK 1.0 is complete. ;D
Comments welcome