New Issue?

Ken Abrams said:
From what I can tell, the printer completely dropped the ball.

This isn't something we requested of them to save on cost, the magazines should have been shipped in envelopes just like the previous issue.

If some of you guys who are receiving damaged copies could take photos of the front and back cover, I'd appreciate it. I would love to have a folder of photos to send them to make my disappointment in their handling very clear.

To say I'm a bit pissed off that this has happened is an understatement.

Ken,

I'll send you a pic of mine. It looks like it got Jammed into something and tore about the first 4 or 5 pages.

Received my copy today. It was in very good condition....of course it was in an envelope. My one concern is the line on the bottom of the front cover: Learn from the Masters..... Does that mean that when we respond to posts from Scott or Ken or the others we have to say (in my best Igor voice): "Yes, Master!"

Yes, Master! That was a fantastic Rat Rod Big Rig ;D :D :p

I got my 3rd issue the other day and have scanned it several times, it was worth the wait. Just love the focus on weathering. Question though where in the world do you get sea weed balls, I never knew there was male sea weed

Yehaaaaaaaaaa, got mine today, in great shape, no white envelope, T'sall good. Only one thing, that pesky address sticker has gorilla glue on the back side.

Great reading tonight, Youza Baby!

Cheers, Ski.

Issue 3

Issue 3 arrived last week here in Richmond, Virginia. Looks great and very nice articles! Well done guys!

Despite my tongue in cheek remark further up this thread, I picked up the mag again today and was rereading it. The article authors truly are masters at the art of weathering. Many thanks to all of you for sharing your time and talent with us. If you don't have this magazine you owe it to yourself to obtain a copy.

dazed1 said:
Despite my tongue in cheek remark further up this thread, I picked up the mag again today and was rereading it. The article authors truly are masters at the art of weathering. Many thanks to all of you for sharing your time and talent with us. If you don't have this magazine you owe it to yourself to obtain a copy.

I'm gonna have to second that motion. I found the material very useful for the model bunker. Now that I have some homemade easels I can put these articles right in front of me on the bench. Love the broken glass and all the other articles, great archives.

Cheers, Ski.

I read thru the 3 issue and it was great :) Some articles did explain some things to me after which I just thought "yeah that's why it didn't work when I tried it" and some did give me ideas and inspirations.

Great Job chaps

dazed1 said:

+1, I subscribe to one other modeling magazine (FSM) and I pick up other assorted magazine here and there when I happen to be in Chapters. But the level of the articles, layout and artwork is far superior to any of the others. I will be looking to re sub for another year when the time comes.

Thanks for the kind words guys, it really means a lot to Scott and I.

We went into this headfirst and didn't really know what to expect, it could have gone badly and been a complete failure but so far, so good.

Still haven't received my copy of issue #3. Pretty bummed about it too seeing as everyone else got theirs almost 2 months ago. The website is down and I don't even know who to talk to about this. Help?

The forum works. The home page says "We are working on the site however the forum is still available. Click here to go to the forum."

Thanks yngve, I sent them an email earlier today.

Hi Mike,

as mentioned, the magazine website is separate than the forum and found at the address above as well as in the signature of my email response to your message.

Also, for future reference for anyone reading this, both Scott and my email addresses are found on the second page of the magazine.

Latest posts

Back