N.Korean SU-76

Tony, I posted over on my place ...so here it is again. I love the way it looks with those colors on. Is that just primer or will it stay that color ?

Hi Rob
Most of the exterior color is just over spray from doing the interior.
The lower tub is a earth tone as a base for the dirt and mud to come.

I told you so,"Updates"
Tony lee ;D

Seem to just happen that way Tony...right when you are on a roll.BANG, goes the knock at the door!

Welding is looking pretty good there!!! That little detail is really going to jump out once it's painted!!! ;)

All I got done was the rod stock in place,i'll do the texture tomorrow.

Thanks for your response fellows
Tony lee

Looking real nice I have one of these in my box to do so keep on giving me tips

John

Looking real nice I have one of these in my box to do so keep on giving me tips

John

Howdy All
That's 31 rounds of ammo painted and loaded in the racks.
100_1172.jpg
Sure would have been easier to do all that before I put those racks inside there. ::)

Now I can paint the backside of the mufflers and the side panel then the side panel can be installed.
The corner gussets are ready to put in when that right side panel is on too.

Moving ahead slowly but moving. ;D
Tony lee

This is looking very nice. Clean work done here specially with the welding. What method did you use for the weld lines? They look more in scale than some of the others I've seen.

The shells are in the kit Drummer.

Noname: I used .010, .015, .020 plastic rod stock and Tamiya Extra Thin cement.
Glue the rod down,let it dry then apply a coat of cement over the top until it softens the rod.
When soft enough to work take a #11 knife that the point it broken off and jab at the rod like you have a nervous condition. The rod will flatten out and look like a weld bead.
I used a small half moon engraving tool i've had for years.

I just use the old eyeball and common sense to determine what rod size to use. The heaver the weld the larger the rod but also remember you're going to flatten the rod and the width will get wider.

A SBS on Armorama
http://armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=485

Thanks guys
Tony lee

Thanks Tony. I've seen this method before. Just wanted to make sure you didn't have some sort of new and inproved method I hadn't heard of. Great job.

No problem Noname there might be others out there that haven't,you never know. ;D

Later
Tony lee

100_1173.jpg

100_1174.jpg

I hardly broke a sweat today but it's that much more done.
Those stowage loops on the casement sides look out of scale,might make some to replace them?????

Gettin there one day at a time. ;D
Tony lee

It's Friday and a new month people :D

I chopped off those loops and made new ones because I always get my way(sometimes) ;)
100_1175.jpg
Put some green on the tarp to visually shrink it.

Later
Tony lee

Hey Tony,

Nice little 76er you've got going here, looking forward to see more as this progress.

Excellent work...as usual of course :D

Howdy on a rainy day

Since there's nothing on TV and the wife is working on a puzzle I just retreated to the model bench.
I made up a tow cable and a retaining clamp for the exhaust pipe from scrape PE sprue.
100_1176.jpg

Just in case the rear hatch didn't show up I got out my chopper and made a door. I used my gun stock checkering tools to simulate the grooves in the padding.
100_1178.jpg

That's it for today boys and girls ;D
Tony lee

Figured I would pop in here too Tony!! Looking real nice and I like the details that you bring out!! Keep the Southern Fires lit buddy!!! ;)

Strange that you mentioned that "T" cause the little woman just threw another log on. ;D

Thanks,you sir are a gentleman. 8)
Tony lee

Latest posts

Back