N.Korean SU-76

Tony lee

Ready to get going again on something else?
This little Miniarts SU-76 has been sitting on the back of the bench patiently for sometime now.
It's as good as any for a return R&R to the safe zone I think.
100_1169.jpg
It's mainly oob with RB barrel and Friulmodel tracks.

It has its problems with fit but the main bugger roo is the suspension describe here at PMMS.
http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/miniart/miniart35036.html
To get the ride height correct I used some balsa strips of the correct thickness so the center of the axles were in line with the bottom edge of the hull tub with the wheels in contact with a flat surface..
100_0520.jpg

100_0519.jpg

100_0523.jpg

100_0524.jpg
Not a problem you can't overcome but you shouldn't have to do in the first place.

Another thing I did was wrap the exhaust like the real ones had using that paper bandage tape.
Picture014.jpg

100_0561.jpg
I also wrapped the tape with really fine copper wire to simulate the securing wire as seen in the photos.

This is where I ended the construction and we'll pick it up from here.
100_0588.jpg

Sit back and relax,there's no telling where we'll go from here. ;D
Have a great weekend
Tony lee

WooHoo ;D Tony is at it again ;D Good tip with the balsa bud . Those exhuasts look well sweet ;) Cant wait to see the paint .

Chris.

No stopping the Man!!!! I am sitting and relaxed......alright, close to relaxed, but no matter.....Paint!!! LOL Just kidding!! ;) Looking forward to seeing you play this one out Sir!! ;D

You know guys i've been looking at the book and the model and a lot of the welds are missing.
I think i'll give welding a go,what ya think, looks to be easy enough even a caveman could do it. :D

"I'm a wild and crazy guy" ;D
Tony lee

Your right on target, Tony!!!

sometimes a modeler needs a bit of insanity ;D

I don't think you will have any issues in the weld area!!! Go for it!!! That ought to bring out some nice bling to the SU!!!! You are making me want to break out a T-34/76 now...not even opened and she's burning a whole in the bench!! ;) Carry on Sir!! 8)

those tracks are slcik tony. looking forward to more of this

Rob I don't usually model on the weekends so I can rest my eyes and back.
I've been refreshing my memory and the plan of attack.

Once the chips start to fly the updates will come. ;D
Tony lee

Tony, you never stop friend, is a great work in there.

Waiting to see more. ::) 8) lol, in my nice summer.

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard
Around here like the song said "Too Hot for Golf or it's Too Cold to Fish" so what else can an old fart do but fuse plastic together? ;D

Basket weaving supplies are in the closet for now. :D
Tony lee

Wicked work on those Asbestos Wrapped pipes!

Not something we see a lot these days! But it sure helps put us in the right Era!

Looking forward to your next update!

Hey All
I was on a roll today welding and wouldn't you know it company drops in. ::)
100_1170.jpg

100_1171.jpg

At least I got a good start on it.
Tony lee

Latest posts

Back