My spray booth

hooterville75

Here is a photo of the spray booth I built. Its basically a old tv cabinet with a fan in the back of it vented outside to the crawl space under an addition built to my house years ago. I got lucky as I moved the washer and dryer upstairs this past fall. I can run the exhaust right from the fan to the old dryer vent. Let me know if you see something that I could do to make it more proficient. Im very happy with its performance to this point. Just gotta get the lighting figured out and Ill be set.

101_0095_zpsd4ae7e5f.jpg

Nice and simple. I like it.

It's kinda like the one I built a while ago. It's about the right size for modeling, some of these home built things are way overbuilt for what we use them for. I'd measure the back and use a cheap furnace filter for the vent and put a door on the front to keep dust out of it when it's not in use. Mine is in the garage and dust still is a problem, even with filters and a door.

What fan is that and do you know the output in cfm? I read that a good spray booth should have something like 300 cfm depending on it's size. Mine has four low voltage computer cooling fans that move 65 cfm each.

Dale

I use a florescent under cabinet light in my booth and for the vent fan I use a range hood, with a blue filter material made up of many different layers.
It also vents directly out an unused chimney.

scaledale said:
Nice and simple. I like it.

It's kinda like the one I built a while ago. It's about the right size for modeling, some of these home built things are way overbuilt for what we use them for. I'd measure the back and use a cheap furnace filter for the vent and put a door on the front to keep dust out of it when it's not in use. Mine is in the garage and dust still is a problem, even with filters and a door.

What fan is that and do you know the output in cfm? I read that a good spray booth should have something like 300 cfm depending on it's size. Mine has four low voltage computer cooling fans that move 65 cfm each.

Dale

Its a old old old old blower fan. CFM I dont know but Im thinking around 250-300 because I have a bilge blower fan I was originally going to use but decided against it. The old old old blower fan blows way more then the bilge blower fan and the bilge is 250 CFMs.

hooterville75 said:
Its a old old old old blower fan. CFM I dont know but Im thinking around 250-300 because I have a bilge blower fan I was originally going to use but decided against it. The old old old blower fan blows way more then the bilge blower fan and the bilge is 250 CFMs.
In that case, I would suggest a safety harness and helmet...;]

Dale

Its an external motor fan and has to be more safe then half the other spray booths you see on the different forums. Just like in go kart racing, the older the cams, cranks and fly wheels the better well same here, if its not broke don't fix it. Working perfect to this point. I forget the manufacturer of the motor Ill check tomorrow and post it. There was a earlier thread on the motor when I actually purchased the bilge blower motor. I really liked the Bilge but I got tired of messing with the converting of the ATX Power supply to a lab bench power supply to power the motor. I at that time didn't want to spend the money on a AC plug the wattage and volts to power the bilge so I went with what I had that was older and AC. Working great to this point so Ill stick with what I have. If this one fails me then Ill go with the Bilge and buy the converted PS on ebay which I can get a little under $15. I really like this one though.

Latest posts

Back