My (Lazarus) Sturmtiger build....

Lurcher Two

Hurdy, Gurdy.....
Hello everyone here for the first time, glad to have your company.

I'm picking up on my sons abandoned project. He's found love and alcohol so he won't be finishing this one off. I'm modelling again so here goes...............

Also, I bought him the engine detailing kit, so I am using that as well.......

DSCF1710_zps79668fdd.jpg

DSCF1709_zps8baad023.jpg

DSCF1712_zps4ea1a1e9.jpg

DSCF1715_zps82471b78.jpg

DSCF1717_zps8eac8927.jpg

He has not done a bad job so far, he hasn't slopped adhesive all over the place and hes has done a fair job of the wheels, though he could have left them turnin for no other reason than you can.

I have fixed all the exaust parts, jack etc to the rear. Put in the mortar racks, internal floor and am assembling the breech assembly...........

Thanks for that, I'm trying to do a careful build. i got his nice deatil shot for mesh and stuff. I'm hoping to scratch build some wire mesh covers for the grills.

DSCF1707_zps5f485538.jpg

This how I found the abandoned boxes, stroke kits..........

The dust is like something out of a pharaoh's tomb!

The screws were missing for the gun pivots, so I had to find some 3.5mm nuts and screws to replace them. That took a day out of things. The breech assmbly is quite tricky as you can see in the instructions but rewarding.

I'm going to place the Tiger in an urban setting surrounded by brick and masonry all over the ground, with frozen ice and snow if possible...

Sturmtiger_2_zpsdb8efb5d.jpg

Yeah, i'm going to do some bonkers snow and ice stuff if i can. Don't know why but it seems a nice challenge!

Love and alcohol! Yeah that'll certainly take you away from modelling lol eyes peeled for this one.

These are some other abandoned kits......

DSCF1777_zps49524b8b.jpg

DSCF1779_zps519336e0.jpg

DSCF1778_zps9798f4d7.jpg

Love and alcohol E'h, what do kids know? If you look you can see the same vintage patina on these boxes as the Sturmtiger. Yes, I have just plundered the loft and found these. The APC was a christmas present and never opened, the Schnellboot came to a halt when the full etch arrived. It was realised that full R/C would not be possible given the fragility and the top heavy weight. So it was left. At a crossroads. I think the idea was to go for the whole Larssen effect with the rudders and give the boat the full monty. Then the fret arrived. H'mmmm ::)

Which direction........Static, R/C, Static, R/C, Static......... Anyone got a coin?

Right, I'm getting on with the tiger now, I promise, pictures to arrive shortly!

Ok, were off again......

Finally assembled breech without the screws that I spent loads of time replacing because they were missing. ::) Very careful gluing on the tiniest of bits meant the barrel is free to swivel wherever you wish to point it. Really it is unneccesary as its not a toy but I have a thing about leaving bits mobile if it's possible.
DSCF1724_zps747b2499.jpg

The breech installed into the armour. Finally

DSCF1727_zpsabe243d9.jpg

The barrel. Most armed forces came up with some wierd and trueley amazing innovations in warfare. The third Reich actually put most of theirs into practice though.

DSCF1728_zps7c4715d3.jpg

I am mindful that I should have been doing a spot of painting by now not least to justify the representation of the interior. The wheels have been set level which is a pain as I want to show some mean articulation over some displaced masonry. So that will have to be re-set. Of the two choices for the muzzel, I choose the individual four bosses rather than the ring casting as they were more challenging and rewarding. I think they are fairly accuratley placed ::)

Now then, wheels and tracks, or painting and assembly.....

Yeah, I'm going to enjoy getting on with this........... When I can......... :'(

Theres not enough hours in the day, I thought I would be in the workshop tonight, all night to make some progress. Ho, hum.

Me too I was hoping to start a new kit tonight but with the cold I have gumming my eyes up I would be worried I might screw up my model. Sometimes the wait is worth it however. No point rushing a kit when you can have fun fettling every part. 8)

Oh, Hi, not to well. I kinda came to a crossroads as far as the detail is concerned inside and stopped. You see Half of me would like to give it more in ternal detail and I have seen these with some great superdetailing. Most of it just seats, containers, extinguishers etc with bumps and scrapes.......... H'mmmmmmm

On the other hand, it is just a kit which i wanted to finish just to concentrate on the exterior and dio. I originally wanted to put my efforts there. I like weathering and landscapes...

Latest posts

Back