My First Teaching Request !!!

IBCRAZY8220

Recently I discovered a Gaming club about 100 miles from where I live. While there I spoke to the owners of the business about what I do with painting wargaming miniatures etc. To my surprise they remembered and have been watching my vids on youtube that I posted while putting together my pieces for the SMA Big Spring Contest. I was surprised when they contacted me about teaching a class for beginner's. I was gratefull for the opportunity and accepted, I was curious to see if anyone else here has ever taught a painting class before and if they had any advice. Also I wanted to thank the SMA staff for the platform for me to improve and show my abilities.

Nice to hear. Always nice to be able to share

Never been asked to teach myself, but my younger brother has

Congrats ! It's always cool to be recognized from outside parties for your Work !!

I've never taught a class , but from doing Demos @ My local AMPS chapter, I can tell you to be sure to give plenty of Opportunities for people to ask questions. Since th Class is for beginners try not to go too fast. Some of what you teach may seem second nature to you ,but Remember some of these Guys May have never held a Paint brush before.

Perhaps if this class goes well you could teach a Hands on Class & maybe th Store owner could help out with materials - meaning, if He donates , it could in turn Boost Sales from these New Guys after They get Their Feet wet with Painting .... so to speak ! ;D

Again .. Congrats & keep us posted on how it goes !! \m/

me and the store owner worked out the details, and he is gonna open a couple black reach sets for people to use the models to paint, he is also supplying paint and brushes etc. So, I should be able to take my time and show each person each step slowly and they will be able to get hands on experience. Plus I'm gonna bring a few minis in different stages of completion so I can show each step without having to wait for one model to dry. It should be a lot of fun

Congratulations!
When I was in High School, I was doing a lot of ceramics, and developed my own style for painting them.
The owner of the store asked me to come in and run a class on how to paint. I was very shy, and the prospect freaked me out a little. :-\

Latest posts

Back