My 1st Tank... The Tamiya M41 Walker Bulldog.

Hello Ahmed!!!

Making some great progress on your 1st tank!!! Tammy is a great kit to have at it for the first my friend!! Simply for the part count. Most of the others have a huge part count and useless manufacturing of parts with parts and parts and....

As for the pics...the fellas have it spot on. But for starters a plaint large piece of paper (white, Blue, Black) or poster board work really nice. It hard for a camera to focus on the "busy" background. Second biggest thing you will find is steadying the camera. Tripods are the way to go, but, a couple books and a wedge of some kind will always do in a pinch.

Stick with the build and enjoy putting it together...all the other stuff like photos and such will come together.

;)

Any way bought some vallejo paints, and mig pigments, but i bought russian earth thinking it would be muddy, but it turned out greenish, but, it suits the olive drab, and a rust aqua colours. and first of, loving the vallejo colours, especially since i am coming from tamiya acrylics.
STA40230.jpg
STA40229.jpg
STA40233.jpg
diy wet pallette
STA40234.jpg
STA40237.jpg
i'll repost when my camera gets here, thanks for the tips guys

i hate to be rude but putting that blurry pic of the blue thing up is just pointless we cant see what it is ???. but im looking forward to seeing your new pictures ;)

oh i'd just thought i'd say, the blue thing is aqua colours by revell and i think it's better than vallejo paints. i don't know why noone uses them :-\. But the colours are wrong, i bought rust, and it was like light-brown, instead of red-brown. oh well.

Hey Ahmed. Probably because Vallejo is one of the best available acrylic paints and only few can get close to them. You need to learn how to use them but when you do you won't trade them for anything.
Cheers
Lukasz

went to my lhs, and bought a tamiya weathering stick mud, and tamiya panzerkampfwagen(i think thats how you spell it) ausf.d

VoID_1 said:
Looks good champ. Keep up the good work and finish off that bad boy :)

Yeah the camera still hasn't came, so I might need to contact the shop. It was due 13th to 15th August I will wait a few days before I contact them.

:) Salaam Aleikum, dear Ahmed,

To me its an important coincidence, Ahmed. Tamiya´s M41 whas my first "serious" ( ;) ) tank build with paints, tiny brushes, etc when I was fifteen back in November1.983 ( I have built a Leopard 1A4 before in 1.982 without paints -I lie: just with a black color acrylic tube that I used to show a "battle weary" one.

I remember it very clearly... unfortunately the tides of life made this model to vanish...

Yalla, yalla, go on building, Ahmed... ;) and listen, this is what I hear one day: the best modeler is the one who has more fun with its buils. Go on, man. This is great !!

, ;)
RG

YES!!! NEW CAMERA CAME... FINALLY PROPER PICS!!
btw, mud splatter looks bad, but looks slightly better in real life.
DSC_0018.jpg
DSC_0025.jpg

heven't painted the exhaust, will do when i get *proper* rust, instead of the revells pink!
DSC_0019.jpg
DSC_0023.jpg

i had to use tamiya acrylics for the wash and couldnt remove excess! dried to quickly... oh well i learn from my mistakes.
DSC_0021.jpg
hope u like!
it took me 10 minutes to get used to the camera, now i know what all the buttons do, and all the functions, use vr(vibration reduction) and macro setting to do this.

new Camera helps ;D pics are nice and Clear. one thing i would do is is the front drive wheel is paint the teeth a metallic color as that part the paint would wear off,

And the lord has peeled back the cataracts to show us unblurred delights!! Great work so far, keep it up and document frequently!

Looking good. The new camera is definitely a plus. I would second spud's recommendation to paint the front drive wheel metallic (steel or some variant of it) - it would add to the realism.

spud said:
new Camera helps ;D pics are nice and Clear. one thing i would do is is the front drive wheel is paint the teeth a metallic color as that part the paint would wear off,

i will try and do that, but i 'heat' fixed the tracks, therefore i can't get it out. so it may be a bit messy.

Ahmed, try a sharp graphite pencil to get to the teeth. A couple of rubs and you will have bare metal. Works on grab bars and corners and sharp edges were you think you would have bare metal showing through...unless you have something like AK Dark Steel, where it will give you a slightly better appearance with a little less effort. Try the pencil first though! ;)

Latest posts

Back