MPC MF conversion "Last Chance"

Hi there -)
The sidewalls are in original size of 22mm. I took the measures from the original Parts. I wont use them, because the details are.... lousy?! I would like to use all of my old aircraft parts. So there is more space in the scrap box and a different shape to the MF :)

Hi there, we have a little update here. Sorry for the interruption, but I had to do much work on my 1:1 scale model, called "House". Some work, I only could do at daylight. And its short in these days :) I planned many things during my five weeks vacation, and I did all the work faster than I expect. So, Im back again to work on the Last Chance. I hope, you got many gifts at Christmas and the "Weihnachtsmann" filled up your stashes ;D

Before we start again, I will show you some winter impressions..

[attachment deleted by admin]

So, back in business. I finished the lower hull by closing all round machinery pods and start to build a plain main deck. This was one of the most difficult parts of that kit. Because the hull have a round shape, its not easy to get a plain deck for further constructions. I add some chunky details by using old 1/76 scale aircraft parts. I also worked on the upper gun and the well.

Chiefpettyofficer said:
Hi there -)
The sidewalls are in original size of 22mm. I took the measures from the original Parts. I wont use them, because the details are.... lousy?! I would like to use all of my old aircraft parts. So there is more space in the scrap box and a different shape to the MF :)
Hi Chiefpettyofficer,
I am fitting the Bluemoon kit to my Falcon, Do you know what the scale height should be? I need to do a lot of dressing to the new parts.....
Many thanks....

Omegaman55 said:
Hi Chiefpettyofficer,
I am fitting the Bluemoon kit to my Falcon, Do you know what the scale height should be? I need to do a lot of dressing to the new parts.....
Many thanks....

Sorry, I don´t. You should ask Scott or Quaralane. I only use the original kit measures and I dont care about the right or wrong size. Only the fun counts :)

Im looing forward to your progress ;D

Well, things led me to the ships ramp. There is another problem of that kit. The entrance is not in the right level with the interior. I checked the original cut away model and...there is the same flaw, too. MPC clad the problem with high walls and a reduced gangway. but that wouldnt work for me. So I decided to use another solution. Stairs, simple stairs to reach the interior level :D

It have another, more strategic advantage: Small passages are easy to defend :)

Re: MF conversion

Looks very interesting. Changes the entire look. Any more in progress photos?

No, sorry. Life keeps me busy. Many things to do. I guess I couldnt finish the LC in time.

Latest posts

Back