Monogram F-16XL--Finished

Re: Monogram F-16XL--WIP

@Grendels,
Still needs some touchups, but it's getting there. May do the nose bit I mentioned in a different color.

@Ace,
It's a really nice color. Just wish I could get in in jars as well as the rattllecans

Hi Quaralane ,Sorry to see disaster struck !! ,looks like you are making a good recovery anyhow . For stripping paint easily I normally use stuff called Mr Muscle oven cleaner ...or Fairy Powerspray ,not sure what the equivalent is in the states ,but its quick and easy ,spray it on put model in a bag ,seal the bag and leave for a few hours ...then rinse off ..job done !! ...works on chrome too ;D.
To me it doesnt look like the red over the grey was a problem ,I think its probably your clearcoat ,what are you using ?

Chris.

it looks somewhat like a gunmetal finish almost, a really dark reflective metal! it would be a great look for a stealth fighter! but i would paint a coat of flat over first!

Chris S said:
To me it doesnt look like the red over the grey was a problem ,I think its probably your clearcoat ,what are you using ?
Actually, Chris, I've used this clearcoat and red combo before without any problems.
The only change was that, this time, I put the red directly over the graphite dust (which is laquer-based), and then used the clear coat.

Clear coat in question is Krylon satin finish

Sounds odd ! I've never used Krylon ,so I cant really comment on it ,is it acrylic? ,what base is the red ?

Chris.

The red is an enamel.
The Krylon Crystal Clear is an acrylic. And, like I've mentioned before, I've used the red with the clear before without trouble. But that was the red over a primer coat, not over a metallic.

Latest posts

Back