Moebius is gone

YOULI

That which does not kill us makes us stronger !
Dear friends

I have very sad news.
Jean Giraud, AKA Moebius, well known for his role in comics and movies, passed away today.

Met him a couple of times, for interviews, to defend manga and anime in France (Miyazaki, Otomo...) and in various occasion with her daughter Nausicaa.
A great man disappeared.
:( :(

Elm City Hobbies said:
Not to be confused with Moebius model kits!

Yes, thank you! That was the first thing I thought, when I saw the title in the forum. *Phew*!

RIP, Master Moebius, :(

I can recall when 28 years ago (I was a teenager) I began to read some comic magazines wich were published monthly where I discovered a part of his opus...

He also had an enormous influence in some very well know movies (some of them considered cult movies today).

The man is dead, but his works will last for long time...

Some samples, taken from THE BEAT webpage (http://www.comicsbeat.com/) just for enjoyment...

201203101035.jpg

moebius30849.jpg

al_moebius003_venise_celeste1.jpg

moebiustlt4.jpg

moebius1city_of_fire.jpg

Cheers
RG

Thanks, jelly, for the sharing...

Jean Giraud burial is tomorrow... Really don't know if I'll have the courage to be there. It's for his family, its relatives and very good friends. It's a private moment. I barely know the guy even though we met a great number of time, for interviews, consulting, premieres of movies, defending Japanese animation (Miyazaki, Otomo) and manga. He was so much more than its impressive work. He was a dreamer that could give shape to his ideas, the space suits and clothes in Alien, it's him... Tron ? Also him ! Fifth element ? Guess who...
Of course there is Heavy Metal, and Blueberry... So much influence, so much talent.

His work, his ideas, his kindness will echoe in eternity.
RIP Moebius

Well Youli... maybe it would be better to pay a visit to the cemetery another day... IMHO the family & relatives right to intimacy should prevail...

I don´t like multitudes, I always try to avoid them... I believe that tomorrow could be too much people there...

Today @ 1500 hrs I´ve been listening a radio program about him... I didn´t knew that he "broke" with Dargaud Editorial and that he & some colleagues got an old flat (without elevator) in Paris... and founded "Les Humanoides Associés"... just an anecdote I didn´t knew... the radio story-teller (I can´t remember the name) was a Spaniard who knew Moebius, also related to comics-illustration world... it´s been a good radio program.

Youli, I don´t know if you cand understand spoken Castilian (well, unfortunately I can´t understand French), but if you are able, here is the link to the PODCAST: today´s program has been titlen "Universo Moebius" - "Moebius Universe" :

http://www.rtve.es/podcast/radio-3/carne-cruda/
Cheers :)
RG

You scared me for a minute.... Moebius.... Thanks Scott for the clarification....

I am sure he was a great person !

Latest posts

Back