Model Recommendation Sought.

6milphil

Allo chaps,

looking at buying a model figure for the boy Slug larger than the 28mm he's used to. Want something easily available in the UK, no transatlantic postage, preferably with a bit of a dioramic base. If it doesn't have a base, a suggestion or two wopuld be great. It's all foreing to me... :-[

Knowing his tastes it would have to be WW2 and German (damn traitor). Something easy to contruct, but with great painting opportunities. Any suggestions and/or links?

Thanks in anticipation. ;)

A quick search on googletubenet will show you Tamiya and Trumpeter offer very nice injected kits of Soviet and Nazi soldiers in 1/16 for under $20.00. You'd just have to check on line or at your local hobby shop.

Have a look in www.historexagents.com they specialize in figures from a wide range of manufacturers I us them all the time and the service is great . Check out Andrea 54mm figures ,they are very good and some are quite cheap ,most of them come with a bit of viginette/base , Also look at Nemrod figures they have a range of German figures ,but no base ,likewise Verlinden . If you want something Bigger then Try Verlinden 120mm ,some of the figures look a bit stiff ,but they are reasonably priced and make for good practice , you wil find all of them and a lot more at historex ,check out the discontinued items too ;)

Chris.

Thanks guys, had a look around and went for the Andrea Waffen S.S. MG42 team from Historex, not least because they're literally fifteen minutes away. There's a far bit of scope for adding bits to that base, so I imagine he'll like it. I'll post pictures once he's done.

Very good choice, and Good On Ya for encouraging/enabeling the future of this great hobby.

Latest posts

Back