Model prices in Japan?

stretch

does anyone know what the model prices are like?
With special reference to robots n stuff.... ;D

I have a friend going there in march and hes offered to pick some up for me...

'Robots n stuff' is a rather broad subject for Japan. More than likely what your friend will see are Gundam models. For 1/144 (HG) stuff you're looking at around 1000~2000yen. The bigger the scale the more expensive they are. Plus your friend will only have so much suitcase space.

HLJ.com always lists the msrp yen cost so have a look around there if you're really curious. If you want something unique tell your friend to go to Diver city in Odaiba and pick up some of the exclusive stuff at the Gundam shop there.

http://www.divercity-tokyo.com/en/

ooh.. thanks mate.
I just checked out HLJ and i can buy two kits, post them and pay less than the cost of buying one off the shelf over here :eek:

stretch said:
ooh.. thanks mate.
I just checked out HLJ and i can buy two kits, post them and pay less than the cost of buying one off the shelf over here :eek:

I'm not sure how it is in Australia but if you have to pay customs it will add some $$ to the final cost. Still for me, it's cheaper to buy Japanese branded tools and kits from there than local, even some European brands are cheaper there (plusmodel stuff for example).

well, ive never paid customs on stuff like this before...

I guess its just included in the postage prices.

I'm not totally sure about that. I guess I'll just give it a crack an see what happens

Does Aus have a VAT like England? Whenever I hear about the Brits ordering from luckymodel or hlj it sounds like that VAT really pounds them in the rear with taxes.

We have a gst( goods and services tax ). They use that to leech money out of us.....
It only applies to imports over $1000 at the moment

I envy you. Anything that would give a tax over 10€ I have to pay, which means I can't go over 40€ (shipping included) else I'm hit with it :mad:

oh, dont worry because theyre planning on reducing it greatly.

Isnt it strange how champions of free enterprise change the rules to suit themselves when someone is taking away their profits...

Latest posts

Back