Minicraft 1/144 Space Shuttle Endeavour!!!! :D

Bzzymatt

Stayin Bzzy :P
O.k. so My local IPMS club is having a model contest, and I haven't gotten around to finishing my other projects. I'm having that moment where you want to finish a model, but want to build something else instead :p Well I decided almost 1 week before the contest that I am going to build my first space shuttle!!!!

I had in my closet a 1/144 minicraft space shuttle that I bought back in the summer of 2011. I knew that I couldn't finish the entire kit, so I just decided to build the shuttle for the upcoming contest and then build the External tank and boosters for the April competition.

Here are some photos of the model so far....The only thing I have to do from here is assemble the engine bells.

The tiles were a very crazy thing to do. I had some 1/144 tile decals, but the ink began to run from the tiles and they didn't show up easy on the surface. Other issues I had is that they did not want to move easily once they were applied to the surface.

My backup plan for this was to airbrush the tiles. I'll show you how very soon!!!!!

The most amazing feature that I added besides the tile details, was that I added an LED to the cockpit for more realism. :D

The LED runs on 1 AA battery and in order for me to add this special feature, I had to sacrifice the Cargo Bay, which I didn't mind because I didn't want to deal with the cargo bay anyway :p The LED is also replaceable, so no worries about it burning out and then I can't do anything about it :D YEY

The base Was the cheapest thing I made for the shuttle. It only costed me 97 cents :) However the base is temporary, I want to mount the shuttle to the ET tank and Boosters eventually.

Hope you enjoy!!!!

Matt :)

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_05182.jpg

nice. please post your tile technique. i have several shuttles i want to build but i need a way to do the tiles

Thanks!!! I'm planning on replacing the engine bells with the resin ones.... the kit version is o.k, but they could have done a better job :p

its me again. i see you made your space ship. i do say, were is the bit that you made for it. was it the launch pad. if so, please show it when your done.

Latest posts

Back