MiniArt Harley Davidson

Thanks guys.

Scooter, I masked off the brick work and lightly misted a dark brown/red color varying the thickness here and there allowing the black primer to bleed through. I used an index card to mask off the concrete and lightly misted an off white color, again random thickness and letting the black bleed through.

Everything after that was done with a brush, several different shades of one color in the pallet and picking out random bricks and blocks, doing some twice, mixing some colors as I went etc. The paint was kept thin, almost like a wash to make subtle changes to the brick instead of harsh, stark contrasts.

I'd rather have to paint each brick several times to get a light color shift, than paint each once and create a patterned quilt looking thing eh? ;)

KEN ,

Smokin' job !! I Dig th concrete color !! WoW, It pops Chief ... lookin' forward to th weathering !!

Ken I must say. Man you’re skillful. The paint job is magnificent and the building it self look great I think it's going to be a great kit.
Cheers
Lukasz

Nice paintwork Ken !! its really popped the detail on the cast ,I love it . Looking forward to seeing that little Harley parked up there :)

Chris.

Thanks guys.

Got a little weathering done tonight while the rest of the family was at karate, it doesn't really look like a kids toy firehouse anymore. ;)

SMA.jpg

Liked the kiddie toy Ken!!! ::) Much sweeter... :eek: That corner and the green hints at the base....Tops!!! ;)

Ok Ken. Now we know you have a shrinking machine I think it's time you would share it with us ;)

Wow huge difference to the brick, and the green at the base is a nice touch

Well,

I thought it needed a little something else.

;D

I scratch built a downspout and sign and only need to sort out the lettering and call it done...

I think.

lol

Celticwerks-MA.jpg

thats fantastic Ken, i love the curly bit over the sign, what did you do that bit with,

Nice additions Ken ,That really brought it to life .

Chris.

When I saw it I wanted to ask you in which PE kit you found this hanger for sign. Man your skilful.
Cheers

Love that Base Ken!! The carving on the stone and brickwork just pops!! You add-ons are a great touch too!! ;)

Latest posts

Back