MiniArt Harley Davidson

S

ScaleModelMadman

Well, I've caught on with some of my modeling commitments and have a little spare time on my hands so I thought I'd enter this one for the fun of it with something small.

* Although I officially remove myself from the running concerning the random prizes mentioned HERE.

So here's my photo of the un-started kit and today's date. I'll have an update to post later on today I'm sure, this thing is pretty tiny so it shouldn't take me very long at all.

Off to the bench.

112911113515.jpg

Cool 8) I havent seen one of these done yet ,what do you think of the kit Ken ?

Chris.

Cheers guys.

There's two in the box, so I get a mulligan if I mess up the first. ;D

Chris S said:
I havent seen one of these done yet ,what do you think of the kit Ken ?

In a word?

Absostinkinlutelybeautiful!

Unless of course you don't like tons of tiny parts. This thing is chock full of parts in some cases, smaller than the sprue gates. The detail is awesome though, and the assembled kit (if I don't mess it up) should be a stunner.

I found a photo online of one of these things found in an old barn. It's dirtier than a Benny Hill skit with oil leaks and all sorts of filth. Just the way I like to weather stuff. ;D

I'll post it when I get to the painting stage.

ScaleModelMadman said:
Absostinkinlutelybeautiful!

Ooohhhh !! Thats a big word ;D ;D :p

That sounds good ,and two in a box ,might have to pick some up :)

I like the barn find idea ,that would be a fun piece ;)

Chris.

Hey Ken....there is PE in there!! ;D I didn't think you did that sort of thing!!! ::)

Just meesing with ya!! You should be priming right about now, correct? :-X

TRM said:
Hey Ken....there is PE in there!! ;D I didn't think you did that sort of thing!!! ::)

I don't. ;D

...but I have no choice, there's no plastic options. :-\ ;D

TRM said:
Just meesing with ya!! You should be priming right about now, correct? :-X

Not quite ready for primer but maybe later tonight!

132_4608.jpg

Elm City Hobbies said:
Apparently the PE spokes really set this kit off....sort of the coup de grace!

Definitely an awesome feature once complete ...but man o man ...to get the two PE halves joined and then placed in the center of the rim (there's nothing to hold them in place prior to the glue setting up except slight friction and blind luck) wasn't fun. Then again I just don't like dealing with photo etch lol.

WLA-1.jpg
WLA-2.jpg

Tiny little sucker aint it ;D Looks real sweet tho , nice wheel building ;) you deserve a bit o time out ....for a shave ;D ;D :p .I thought you'd popped up a pic of Capt'n Haddock ...lol ;)

Just noticed the little Viginette in the background ...that looks good ,anymore pics ;D

Chris.

Chris S said:
you deserve a bit o time out ....for a shave

Chris.

LOL!!!! I thought he got some of that Silfor Dio Art stuck to his face with CA!!! :eek:

Hey, look at that, I was able to edit ::) Forgot to mention whilst I was picking on the overgrowth....Great job so far!!! Look pretty sweet!!! Might have to pick one up myself at some point ;)

LOL!

T, what was Rob calling me at the club meeting? Grizzly Adams or something ?

It's supposed to be winter here, this is my snowplowing face. ;D The wind gets a bit harsh at 4 AM in the middle of a blizzard. Thing is though, I was in a t-shirt today walking the dog, the missus is gonna shave me in my sleep, I can see it in her eyes.

TRM said:
Hey, look at that, I was able to edit ::)

I'll have a rofl waffle with a side of lmao and lol sauce thank you. ;)

Chris S said:
Just noticed the little Viginette in the background ...that looks good ,anymore pics ;D

Chris.

Maybe when I get a minute, I'll take a few. It's that MasterBox German machine gun crew figure set.

Figs are a bit rough, but I dressed em up with Dragon Gen2 gear and we'll see what happens. :p

i was reading this and was wondering why you posted in in the automotive section.. serious duh moment there.

i was going to get this a few times, glad to hear its a nice kit so defo one for the future

Looks like a cool model, great detail for such a tiny bike.

Love the barn find idea, can't wait to see more.

OK, that's a good 8 hours Son!!! ;D You must be placing the Armor Farm by now!! ::)

Not rushing Ken 8) It's this heat, it's making me a little Mad!! :eek:

jeeze man, that is a nice little kit. Miniart makes good stuff!

We've had nice weather here too Ken. Was like nine degrees here and that was early evening. I love it.

noname said:
jeeze man, that is a nice little kit. Miniart makes good stuff!

We've had nice weather here too Ken. Was like nine degrees here and that was early evening. I love it.

Thanks.

Nine degrees nice, that must be metric eh? lol. Nine degrees here is pretty chilly. ;D

Little more done but sadly not as much as I wanted. Distracted with family stuff but hey, might see paint by the end of tomorrow.

WLA-3.jpg
WLA-4.jpg

Oh...

and this is a quick picture for Chris, one of those vignettes he spied in the background. Just a little something I'm throwing together in my spare time lol.

VIGNETTE.jpg

Bike is still looking wicked Ken!!! You muct be 1/2 blind by now!!! ;)

Are you sure that "little something" you are just throwing together is a Vig??? Might be a Dio!!! :-X

Great work all the way aroung my friend!! ;)

Latest posts

Back