Millennium Falcon (Ralph McQuarrie Concept Version)......finishing touches

JohnSimmons said:
J that looks so cool man, if we're ever at the same model show I'd love to see it in person! Actually will you be making the voyage to Euromilitare this year? I might be judging ;)

Thanks John, I'd love to go to a model show (I had my chance on Sunday just past, in Belfast, I'd paid for my table, had a childminder organised.....all sorted.....but on Sunday morning my daughter had rubbed her eyes through the night because of the pollen, her eyes were swollen & crusty, I didn't have the heart to leave her.

I'll have to contact Chris S to see how it went.

Unreality said:
That thing is looking fantastic. I'm sure Ralph would have been proud to see his work turned into such an awesome model.

Thanks Unreality, thats a cool comment.
I've said it before, but there's something about Ralph's paintings that really inspires me

John

Oh man I feel for her I know how that feels! I get bad hay fever and the only thing that would cure it would be to go out on the water lol
Unreality said:
That thing is looking fantastic. I'm sure Ralph would have been proud to see his work turned into such an awesome model.
This!

Jimi said:
i love the look of this concept falcon, well done sir !
Thanks Jimi, It's nearly painting time again

nicholassagan said:
john i love the belly look! she's almost there!!
Thanks Nick....almost there!

Thanks MJ

Ok, on to the 'Starkillers' (named after Steve Starkiller on The ReplicaPropForum, who pointed them out to me) or arms that protrude from the mandibles:
joe3.jpg

bright.jpg

Starkillers1.jpg
Starkillers2.jpg
Starkillers5.jpg
Starkillers4.jpg
Starkillers3.jpg
Starkillers6.jpg

Thanks for looking
John

nicholassagan said:
Oh cool!! Those starkillers are a nice touch!!!
Thanks Nick.....dunno

Grendels said:
I agree, gives it some teeth so to speak!
Thanks G....I might change them.....hmmm

Dark Kyp said:
Really nice!!! :eek:

Dark Kyp, thanks

After looking at the original RMQ painting again....I might try a version 2, softer...less greeblies:

Starkillerspainting.jpg

What do you think?.....I'll not destroy V1

John

stick with em john! your build has a perfect balance of classic elements with the McQ inspiration!!!

I think it's great. This entire build is one hell of an inspiration...or an aspiration...or exacerbation (seriously, I'm overwhelmed just looking at it).

Best,
- J

I like em....curious to see what V2 would look like though lol. I'm just glad your still rockin this thing!

Thanks very much guys, I did a V2 test....just to make sure:

NewStarkillers1.jpg
Comparison1.jpg

V2:
NewStarkillers2.jpg

V1
Starkillers2.jpg

I think I'll maybe use V1, but replace the walls with V2's

Thanks for looking
John

They look like Tiger turrets. But I still like the first version better. Great job

Thanks very much guys, I've put some paint on the underside, & it has shown up some parts I need to fix up

underpaintjob.jpg
UnderPaintjob2.jpg
underpaintjob3.jpg
Starkillerspainted.jpg

It really isn't that far from completion, just the rear legs to create, and tidy up any gaps

Thanks for looking
John

Latest posts

Back