merseajohn's 1/20 Ma.K großer hund

JohnSimmons

For Spud: I was once Merseajohn
Hey guys, sorry I've been slack on the posting of my work as of late, but I have been busy modeling behind the scenes on magazine stuff.....so to see it your going to have to spend some dosh ha! :p Only joking. Here's a a few snaps of the 1/20 Ma.K großer hund kit from Hasagawa. I've yet to tackle a Ma.k kit so I'm really excited about this one. First impressions are that this is going to be huge! ;D Not sure what colour scheme I'm going for yet but I think I want to give it a dirty white wash ;) Anyway I'll stop blabbing and show some pics (I'll be posting this on my new blog http://mjscalemodels.blogspot.co.uk/ so drop in there and leave a comment or join up or whatever, I have no followers on there and I look like a loser with no friends. Plus theres a sneak peak at some magazine stuff ;)).
A box:
IMG_4266.jpg
I had to give all parts a thorough scrub there was mold release agent everywhere, it was like a tub of vaseline had exploded in the box :-X
IMG_3570.jpg
And after lots of filling and sanding here's where I'm at now:
IMG_4263.jpg
Another update shouldnt be far off :) cheers guys,
MJ

Wow, looking great. I can't believe the mold release agent everywhere. Not something I've seen from a Hasagawa kit.

Looking forward to seeing you work your magic touch on this mate! Count me in

Awesome! Glad to see another one take the Ma.K dive. Will be watching.

adampolo13 said:
Wow, looking great. I can't believe the mold release agent everywhere. Not something I've seen from a Hasagawa kit.

Yeah strange eh? I've only ever felt grease like that on a resin kit. Wasn't an issue though just a thorough wash was needed.

Grendels said:
Nice so far, this one is on my wish list.

Thanks G, it's a nice kit with good fitting parts, you'll enjoy it.

Leighbo said:
Looking forward to seeing you work your magic touch on this mate! Count me in

Cheers mate ;)

TRM said:
Count me in for this one MJ!!! Looks to be a fun one!!! ;)

Thanks T!! ;D

MrNatural said:
Awesome! Glad to see another one take the Ma.K dive. Will be watching.

Thanks MrNatural, took me long enough to make the dive ::)

Scott Girvan said:

Thanks Scooter

Ian said:
So jealous.

Lol, I'm jealous of your man cave dude!

Ian said:
The Ma.K kits are what enticed me back to scale modeling.

Yeah I love em just havn't built one yet lol.

Biskup said:
This is going to be soo cool :)

Thanks Biskup!
Ok so it's built, well there's the clear parts to add and the hoses and a piece of 'flap' armour that i can't remeber where it goes ::). Next up I will be stripping it down and shooting some primer ;D
IMG_4270.jpg
IMG_4274.jpg
IMG_4280.jpg
One for size, it's huuuge :D
IMG_4284.jpg

So is it all glued, or just sections?

One thing I'm trying to figure out is how much to build in a kit before starting the painting. How do you approach this?

Yup, me too.

Thanks for the SBS pictures and alert / solution regarding the mold release. 8)

Latest posts

Back