merseajohn's 1/20 Ma.K großer hund

Another fine update MJ!!! WW looks tops!! That is going to pop with a wash!! :eek:

adampolo13 said:
merseajohn said:
I am happy with it and it opens up a whole world of weathering options.

Maybe a winter time sceen, with a little snow on the ground??

This is looking great!
Yeah good idea, I was thinking the same....Honestly! :p
Igard said:
Woaw! Am I late to the party?

This thing is insane MJ. Insane! Love it mate!

That white wash is very interesting. Looks almost like a layer of frost. Fascinated to see where you go with the weathering.
Thanks Igard, yeah it does look a little like frost lol.
TRM said:
Another fine update MJ!!! WW looks tops!! That is going to pop with a wash!! :eek:
Cheers Todd! Hopefully you'll aprove of the wash I've given him ;)
Grendels said:
You got that right. Nice white wash...
Cheers G ;D
Ok guys given him a DAK Wash from AK Interactive and got the decals on, I used kit supplied decals and some from the P51d I did a while back for the comp. The decals really didnt want to conform to the rounded armour, but I persisted and used plenty of micro sol/set:
IMG_4384.jpg
I also decided to re-spray one of the shoulder plates and mix it up a bit. I thought this thing fought in some battle, then had a white wash, then joined another group (hence new markings) and in it's travels had it's shoulder armour blasted off so now it stands with a scrap piece from another damaged robot. (note in the background you can see the bazooker still just in primer, quite fun looking back on the original colour.):
IMG_4393.jpg
The chequred decal was from the P51 and the skull was from the Kit (the old 'new markings over old style' I was going for):
IMG_4394.jpg
This shot from the side show's the other bazooka, I went for just a primed look on it, I may go for the chalk writing on it as well like the panther's in ww2:
IMG_4398.jpg
IMG_4400.jpg
The end of the gun was first dabbed in maskol then a layer of Tamiya Yellow then a highligh was applied with a lightened mix of yellow, once dry the maskol was rubbed off to reveal the scrathches:
IMG_4403.jpg
IMG_4404.jpg
And this was actually a kit supplied decal! Happy halloween everyone!
IMG_4401.jpg
Next up the sponge chipping, streaking, maybe some oil filters, then all the pipes to paint by hand lots to do.
MJ

Sweet looking stuff over there in the MJ Studios!! ;) Decals look great!!!! Keep it coming!!!

Very cool. I really like the "replacement" shoulder armor, a very nice and unique touch.

Ken Abrams said:
Awesome stuff dude.
Ta mate ;D
TRM said:
Sweet looking stuff over there in the MJ Studios!! ;) Decals look great!!!! Keep it coming!!!
Ha MJ studio's I like that!
Jurasikfrank said:
This looks awesome MJ !
The hard work on the decals paid off, looks flawless. :)

Cheers
Cheers Frank!
MrNatural said:
Very cool. I really like the "replacement" shoulder armor, a very nice and unique touch.
Thanks MrNatural.

Spent 3 hours out in the cold shed this afternoon guys, and I hope you think it was worth it lol. Got work done on the torso, highlight's with sky grey through the AB, silver parts picked out by hand and then a Mig Wash and some AK stains in random areas.
IMG_4406.jpg
Rust streaks and streaking grime by AK:
IMG_4409.jpg
Sponge chipping:
IMG_4411.jpg
I used the world famous Ken Abrams technique here:
IMG_4412.jpg
IMG_4416.jpg
Added the lights, just sprayed clear Tamiya red on the inside ;)
IMG_4430.jpg
Same here with Tamiya Clear Yellow, also added the hoses 8)
IMG_4429.jpg
IMG_4420.jpg
IMG_4431.jpg

Next up is some dirt/mud and finishing off the Bazookers (I think there bazookers? If there rockets/thnrusters it would be good to know....) then the base and it will be done :D
Thanks for looking guys!
MJ

Brilliant work John!!! Worth all the effort in the cold shed!!! Love everything going on with this one!!!

That puppy looks just right my friend! The streaking grime and rust looks amazing.

Once again MJ you have knocked it out the park. :D

Loved the camo paint and then you put the white wash on and i thought, ............. ok.
Then you grimed and streaked and re-did the shoulder pad and decals and ....and....and.....WOW. The depth the white creates in the weathering is stunning :eek:
The kicker for me is the contrast of the red & yellow lights and the yellow decals, very cool. 8)

Just beautiful buddy :eek:

You gunna put this on a base?

Gag

This looks awesome! I really dig the weathering you applied; and the fine details you added here and there really bring this mech to life.

Back