ME 109E old kit

Atomicdog

STAY IN THE RACE!
Hi. I came across this old kit. All pieces are there. The instructions are copyright 1962. Here is a pic below. I need to know what is the best gray color for this plane? Oh yeah, look at the decals..pretty yellow.

ME109Before.jpg

Take care! ;)

Hey guy! You could start here.
RLM - Colors of the German Luftwaffe
http://www.rlm.at/cont/archiv01_e.htm

What colors do the instructions ask for? Are they suggesting a basic "Dark Gray" or do the suggest an actual RLM (Reichs Luftfahrt Ministerium)Color?
Maybe we can figure something out from there. :)

Cockpit RLM-66, Gearbays and gear RLM-02. Fuselage is up to refs and how you want it. So any combo of RLM colors.

Thanks for the info. I gone camo with it. I searched online for reference of paint design for ME 109E. I will have finished product up very soon. Also, the actual model kit is from 1973. So its as old as me..lol :D Cya!

Thanks for sharing the pics of the kit as you start! That old Monogram kit is a little beauty. I built that, when I was a kid (I think it's actually older than I am, and I'm now 45) but it's a decent-enough kit, with lots of room for enhancement, like all Monogram kits. I have a couple of those in the stash now, too, including one set aside for a what-if project. Sure, there are new kits with better engineering, but these old kits bring back a lot of memories and can be fun to build. A simpler time, before there was aftermarket...

HWR MKII said:
Cockpit RLM-66, Gearbays and gear RLM-02. Fuselage is up to refs and how you want it. So any combo of RLM colors.

Are you sure the pit'll be 66 on an Emil, sir? I'd be thinking 02 myself...

Wow... This is an OLDY !!!!

Great to see someone building it.... knowing how OLD it is...

Can't wait to see more....

Keep up the good work

Latest posts

Back