Making 1/35 scale Zimmerit

I'm at the end of my 6 day week, and hope to watch this when I get home late tonight. Looking forward to it. One of my modelling friends from my time in Texas (who's since passed) showed me a way to complete Zimmerit using a coke bottle lid. I tried it on a 1/35th scale panther and was quite pleased with the outcome. That's why I'm looking forward to watching this one tonight.

Back in the day, Shep Paine did it with Squadron putty and a razor saw. I learned that from his "Tips on Building Dioramas."

Nice 'technique' video - No matter what you come up with [for application], it is a tedious job [been-there-done-that-thing]. If your using wooden implements with 'epoxies', one thing I did discover was waxing the tool, helps to keep the epoxy from sticking so badly. Beeswax [hobby-craft-dressmaking shops] of the harder variety [not the soft kind], work quite well; Which you can further melt into into the wood with a lighter/alcohol lamp. Besides SS tools, over the years I've made over a two dozen or more epoxy-working-tools, for different purposes. And also discovered good old pantry/kitchen waxed paper is a great place to work/mix the epoxy on, for it won't stick... The stuff is a pain to remove from your work bench. Thought I'd share.
Ed -

Hmm -- never used anything but wet water to keep sculpting epoxy from sticking to tools . Never had any problems .

Latest posts

Back