Making 1/35 scale Zimmerit

iandrewmartin

I'm at the end of my 6 day week, and hope to watch this when I get home late tonight. Looking forward to it. One of my modelling friends from my time in Texas (who's since passed) showed me a way to complete Zimmerit using a coke bottle lid. I tried it on a 1/35th scale panther and was quite pleased with the outcome. That's why I'm looking forward to watching this one tonight.

urumomo

AcrobaticWeeKoalabear-size_restricted.gif

the Baron

Ich bin ja, Herr, in Deiner Macht
Back in the day, Shep Paine did it with Squadron putty and a razor saw. I learned that from his "Tips on Building Dioramas."

ssgteverett

Nice 'technique' video - No matter what you come up with [for application], it is a tedious job [been-there-done-that-thing]. If your using wooden implements with 'epoxies', one thing I did discover was waxing the tool, helps to keep the epoxy from sticking so badly. Beeswax [hobby-craft-dressmaking shops] of the harder variety [not the soft kind], work quite well; Which you can further melt into into the wood with a lighter/alcohol lamp. Besides SS tools, over the years I've made over a two dozen or more epoxy-working-tools, for different purposes. And also discovered good old pantry/kitchen waxed paper is a great place to work/mix the epoxy on, for it won't stick... The stuff is a pain to remove from your work bench. Thought I'd share.
Ed -

urumomo

Hmm -- never used anything but wet water to keep sculpting epoxy from sticking to tools . Never had any problems .

Latest posts