MA.k SEG-888 Hornet

Looks great, 4apples! Is this one of the 1/20 scale kits? Are you going to put it on a dio base, too?

Outstanding!It almost feels like wind in your face while looking at the pics of this beast.
Thanks!, still new at this so love criticism being good or bad ;)

the Baron said:
Looks great, 4apples! Is this one of the 1/20 scale kits? Are you going to put it on a dio base, too?

No its the 1/35 i think, being a china copy with no manual, the only thing i base it on, is that the MP40 from a 1/35 kit fits perfect to scale ;D
And yes i will put in on i round base like this http://www.woodenbases.co.uk/media/base_photos/round_base_large.jpg But don't know where to find it in my country... Maybe i have to make it myself

Thanks, man! If it's 1/35, then I think it's a kit that originated in the batch of designs that Hasegawa did, if I'm not mistaken. But I'm still learning about the background of the MaK kits.

Regarding the base, I don't know if you have arts-and-crafts stores like we do here in the US. Our crafts stores carry cheap wooden bases or plaques in a range of sizes, that are very handy for model bases.

Cant be the only one who paint tiny things like this?, masking tape, and about 15psi on my airbrush 8)

Added the rope, made from string i died brown with brown acrylics

This rider is going to war!, antitank mine, a MP40, and some stick grenade, he means business!

His helmet is blending to much with the goggles... maybe i will paint them darker...
Still on the looking for a base for the diorama...

Hehe, I use the same tape technique for painting small pieces ;)

The Hornet looks really great!

That's looking terrific! Some really nice little details in there for such a small model.

the Baron said:
Thanks, man! If it's 1/35, then I think it's a kit that originated in the batch of designs that Hasegawa did, if I'm not mistaken. But I'm still learning about the background of the MaK kits.

I have to offer a correction/clarification--Hasegawa made MaK kits in 1/35 and in 1/20, so I can't use scale as a means of identifying the kits.

As I said, I'm still learning about the MaK kits ;D

This kit may actually be from another series called Junk Rock Tank, from a genre called Dieselpunk. I've seen several kits of that series and one was a monocycle.

At any rate it looks badass! Are you gonna make a little dioramic base for it?

Cave_dweller you are 100% correct bro the hornet is infact a junk tank rock kit very rare and hard to find. You can find this kit along with other jtr kits on ebay but there recasts. in this series there was the hornet,the bison which is another type of motor bike with 2 wheels though, the taco and i forgot the last one very cool kits but like i said very hard to find the real deal unless you have homies in japan. :-\

@- 4apples, This hornet is looking smashing and i love the added details looks like your having fun with it and i cant wait to see the base you have came up with. enjoy man it looks great.

So I'm back!, had a little trouble finding a good base, got in contact with my old woodworks teacher from school, and he made me a bunch of really nice bases

i painted it black, it was a light oak color. As my first diorama i had no idea how to start, so took the easy choice with Vallejo Sandy paste, great stuff BTW.
img03081.jpg

Easy coloring with airbrush
img0309sw.jpg

And some small stones from the garden
img0314ti.jpg

did some more texturing with my finger and some paste
img0315ip.jpg

The best part!, on with the bike!
img0325al.jpg

All done!, i have to say this was a really fun build, well 12 peaces i think, but working with resin and metal is not as easy as it sounds, those springs drove me nuts! The weathering was as usual the most fun, but i did enjoy the diorama part to. i really learned a lot!, love the users of SMA!, really helpful and great tips for a nope like me.
img0324uq.jpg

img5236m.jpg

img5235s.jpg

img5231g.jpg

Latest posts

Back