M5A1 ETO (Late) ~“Little Sure Shot”

errains

Greetings & Happy New Year ;D

Just wanted to share with everyone my second build for 2012 as I'm going to try my hand at building two kits concurrently...So here I go.

Part 1-Inspirational Material

I’ll be combining two primary reference photographs for my Stuart. A specific unit will not be depicted and the actual vehicle will be fictitious. The goal here is to present a representation and feeling of how the M5 light tanks appeared in operational field conditions in Europe at the end of 1944. My M5 will be given the name of “Little Sure Shot” as homage to both the size of the tank and its name sake “Annie Oakley” who was an exhibition shooter who used the small caliber 22 Rifle.

M5-P1d.jpg

M5-P1e.jpg

M5-P1f.jpg

M5-P1g.jpg

The below photo is to show that some late production M5s where fitted with the previously referenced hedgerow device.

M5-P1h.jpg

I’ll be using the AFV Club Late production model as the base for Little Sure Shot as well as replacing all weapons with RB Models barrels.

M5-P1a.jpg

M5-P1c.jpg

In keeping with the second rule of my model philosophy of challenging myself a little with every new project, I be including an interior based around the Verlinden M5 interior. I’m still considering the level of detail I want to include. Will it be just basic shapes or a everything and the kitchen sink approach or something in between.

M5-P1b.jpg

Below are some additional reference photographs that will be utilized for the build.

M5-P1i.jpg

M5-P1j.jpg

M5-P1l.jpg

M5-P1l.jpg

Also I have started my own Blog Allied Armor,So please feel free to visit there as well
SigBanner.jpg

Cool project my friend, anxious to see this one come together.

I edited your link to your blog as it had one too many [url tags in it and didn't lead anywhere. You can also make that sig banner link to your blog as well, let me know if you need help figuring that part out.

Happy new year bud.

Ken

Definitely looks to be an interesting build!!! Count me in!! ;D

loving your blog errains and im defo looking forward to this build also

ERIC ,

Aw yeah ... This looks like a good one. Even though I'm a Panzer Nutt. I can still appreciate some good targets for th Panzers though ! :eek:

I'm lookin forward to seein this & seein' it in person !!

Just a thought : Double check references when you go to puttin' that Verlinden Interior in , also with that in mind - Measure Twice & Cut Once !! I ran into a few problems with th Tiger interior set that I used for Wittmann's , unfortunately Verlinden's directions ... Horrible ( that's being kind)

I'm lookin forward to this & I just stopped by your Blog - Very Cool lookin set up Bro !!

\m/

Part 2-Lower Hull, Suspension and the Little Shoes

This update has been a long time in coming but here it is. ::)

I basically finished the primary construction of the lower hull and tracks. Overall the assembly went together fairly with no major problems. Let get on with the pictures!

M5-P2b.jpg
M5-P2a.jpg
M5-P2c.jpg
M5-P2d.jpg
M5-P2e.jpg

If you would like to see the complete write up for this update please head over to my Blog

Thanks for stopping by! ;D

Those are some great ref. pics. Thanks for posting!

Eric , very cool ref. material and pre planning for what you want to do , ........ this'll be a pleasure and learning experience too follow , ............... I'm hooked .

:D So long Eric my friend !
´
Glad to see you again... ain´t sure if you went LRRP over the lines, but here you are back with what it seems to me another of your cracking builds... a good prey!
´
I´m sure that the aligning - tool is product of your ingenuity, am I wrong ? ;) ;D
´
The intelligence-work over the pic is top nocht, Eric ;)
I´ll follow your work, man... :D
Cheers
RG

Thanks Everyone for the Nice Comments. ;D

For me a large part of the fun is the research and picking out them kool little details and translating them into the model build. There is just so MUCH Kick-butt photos out there any more, so I have plenty to look at. :D

Yep Jelly the "aligning" tool for the tracks is nothing more then scrap wood I had laying round and got lucky with the size. But hey it works, was easy to make and best of all cost nothing. ;)

Not sure how much more will get done on this build for awhile as I'll be throwing something together for the BIG SPRING CONTEST also going to focus on getting my E8 Sherman finish here too. That Some-Some just needs to get finished...you know ::) :p

Thanks again 8)

looking good Eric i like the look of that one, so christmass 2013 finish date then ;D

Latest posts

Back