1/35 late-war Jagdpanther - ''Factory Guardian''

AJay

My Jagdpanther finally completed! She is depicted as partially-assembled and abandoned due to a lack of fuel; she sits among rubble in the grounds of a bombed-out factory where she herself was built and which her crew were ordered to guard. The inspiration for this build came from a WWII photo of a similar scene. Thanks for looking :)

geegad

Wow and wow again that paint work is amazing love the colour and the weathering and ground work is quality

urumomo

;D Very Nice .

I like it a lot .
I'd love to see a pic from above .

I don't get the rectangular piece of sheet-steel , forward right . ???

AJay

Thanks for the comments, guys.

urumomo, here's a top view. The sheet steel is just artistic license, to break up the large expanse of dunkelgelb on the side of the hull.

urumomo

;D Thanks for the added pics .
Beautiful work , AJay .

Do you use a commercial product for rust or to you make your own mix ?

.. . . and what do you have painted blue on the left rear bulkhead ?
I've yet to build one of these and that ' node ' is only represented in drawings that I have of it and is missing in all the photos I have of actual vehicles .

AJay

Thank you! :)

I like to use pastels and mix my own but I also have some Mig pigments; I also use oil paints for my rust.
The tubular fitting is a convoy light - lots of people depict them as blue but I have seen an existing one that is black when unlit and a limey yellow/green when illuminated - I just liked the blue for the colour contrast so went with that.....

urumomo

:) was thinking it might be a marching lamp .
... thought they were red :p but I agree with the blue ;D

I'm on a blue / violet kick for some reason :-\
Some of me want's to add blue to my camo-pattern on my Sturmschildkrote build ( the thread currently below this one ) , but I'm afraid I'm going to regret it if I do ::)
Thursday late I was sure of it -- yesterday not so much , heh heh

I'll be studying your work here for sure

Cheers

Latest posts