M151A2 Hardtop with Trailer

sorien

My local HobbyTownUSA recently remodeled and has boxes and boxes of kits for 40% off. Got paid yesterday so decided to hop on down and see what I could find.

I had to control myself LOL so much good stuff.

Ended up picking up this cool looking little kit for only $11 so I decided to join in on the group build.

[attachment deleted by admin]

How the hell could you go wrong!! :eek: That oughta' build up real nice!! Looking forward to following along!!! ;)

For the price of the PE...I don't think you could go wrong on that either!! You still under the cost of a really cheap kit!! Some of those little bits would just make this puppy POP!!! ;)

The Trailer is so cool... its the same mod we had in Europe... its a little Fold out Camper ! pretty neat !
to see it done in a scale model... I always thought they were made locally !

its the first time I see a model of the HARD top variant... neat also...

Take care !

8)

Thanks for the feedback.

I was going to order the PE parts, but the Eduard store has a $20 minimum.

you had a good kit!!

well you had to plan your future builds aside from the hardtop, to fill the $20 minimum.

:)

Waiting on the PE, I wanted to get started so I built the engine as it only has 1 part of PE, the fan.

I really like the one-piece body, it's sturdy and has a lot of detail already. After looking at how small it is though I'm really not looking forward to how small some of this PE will be :-\

Need to hit a hobby and/or tool store to see if I can find some stuff to bend the PE.

Well the PE *finally* arrived today. Not sure how the heck I'm going to be able to do anything with it lol dang some of those bits are small!

Thinking you'll do fine Sorien!! TAPE!! I always cut the tiny stuff on some doubled over masking tape! That way they don't rocket out into no man's land! ;D

So I cut my teeth on a couple pieces. First was the cooling fan. This was very satisfying as I've never modified such a fine part so extensively.

Next I tried a couple of flat pieces. First one was cut out with a dull blade. That didn't work out very well lol.

Off and running!!! ;D That fan is really going to make that motor pop!! ;)

Latest posts

Back