Luke's Landspeeder. And his true introduction.

Very nice. Having gone through what you are doing now. (Marriage and moving) I know how much time it takes from you. I still have not gotten caught up on my email and other duties. We have boxes everywhere. My hobby room is at the bottom of the to do list. So I am away from the bench for the next two weeks at the earliest.

Post when you can! But take care of what is important first.

Hello everyone!

Sorry for my long absence, the wedding and the honeymoon trip took a bit of my time, but now I'm finally back guys, and as Leighbo has kindly recommended would try my best not to let little things like getting married and moving house get in the way! ;D ;D ;)

I'm currently in a very middle of a move, so can't devote much of my time to sitting at the workbench, as I don't have any workbench yet.. But I still have some wip pics in my pockets to show for you, guys, to enjoy, and I'll try my best to split them into several updates till the time I'll be able to make some more progress on this project.

@derex3592: What i can definetely say now is that i find this kit one of the perfact kits to build with a better half as an "us-activity" - it will look great even built oob, and it has a really little number of problem spots, so good choice, mate!

@ Igard: thank You very much, buddy. And as for Luke's lucky spoting the ships on the sky - let's asume the Force has been guiding him. Or simply luck, as Han would have said. Overall, in all the films of the Saga, the heroes business would have gone terrible if not those TONS of luck they had received :)

@ YOULI: Thank You very much for sharing this link! Those pics are extremely usefull indeed, especially the super-detailed pics of the cabin. Will be using these materials in my project a lot!

@ Grendels: 100% same thing with me now, mate. Hang on, bro, and just imagine how sweet it is going to be to sit at the bench again ;D (though I think You already have and not once by the time this is posted)

And many thanks to everyone for your kind congratulations from both me and my wife!! :)

On the rights of an announcement: some model-related stuff from our honneymoon trip is being prepared for posting in the next update.

As for now, let us get at the new pics with no further waiting:

The left engine (the one without a covering panel) received some uber-detailing with different wires and plastic tubes

The cabin is complete with totally reworked seats, control panels and everything. I gave myself some artistic license to make the controls look a bit more comlex and hope that I've managed to give it the feel of a muscle-car, which the X-34 actually is in the Star Wars Universe

The part on the back of the speeder was partially scratchbuilt to correct the faulty linear form it initially had

I've also done the damage on the nose and the right pylon of the vehicle to resemble the studio model

With that the basic modular construction is complete, and the different parts are waiting for the primer, assembly and covering the gaps. I would also have to fully complete the cabin before that, as painting it with the whole model assembled would be extremely tricky.

Drawing a conclusion, I've also started to work on the Luke's figure, trying to depict him standing and watching on the Tatooine skies

Wow what an update, first off congrats to you and your lovely lady!
Sol I can't wait to see this in primer! The detailing on that engine is just superb and the interior. Well done on the sculpt on Luke also, looks nice man.
MJ

Sol,
Welcome back, you have been missed my friend
Many congratulations on your wedding, i wish you many happy years together

Now enough of that, get back to work, no more excuses, LOL ;D

Weddings, moving, what ever next, build man, build. ;D

Love the sculpting and the details, great stuff

Gag

Welcome back Sol! :D

Fantastic work you've done there. Looks like being away from the bench made you go on a building binge! That looks alot of work right there!

That's some improvement, all right... :)

I'm pleased to see that the lonk worked for you and tat it was useful. It's the very purpose of forums : discuss and share !

All my best for your married life and the moving :D

Good job on the way!
I like the modifications you added on that one! ;)

Oh, and congrat's for the wedding, all best wishes! ;)

eh up buddy,lovin ya mods on this build mym8,it looks mint mym8....oh and congrats on the weddin,welcome to the three ring circus...engagement ring ....weddin ring....suffering...lol only jokin congrats to the both of you!cheers peza ;D

nice work....

i haven't watched Star Wars for a while (sacrilege) - was the control column a steering wheel or an aircraft Y yoke? I seem to remember a Y yoke ......

I like the Luke figure .... nice - are you going to have a pair of binoculars in one hand ... might give more action to the figure, like he just looked through them.
Although Luke Skywalker in floppy hat .... hasbro would be pleased - I collected Star Wars figures and rumor was collected people were tired of the unending line of Luke Skywalkers.
Luke Skywalker with Floppy hat was just the pits .... but that's a collectors point of view.
I am chuckling at seeing your figure - reminds me of the "issues" collectors had with the figure release .....

Love the work - keep the pics coming .......

Just brilliant all around!!! Love the detail in the engine & cockpit! The sculpting looks good, too. can't wait to see it all in primer. Keep it up!!

cobraleader said:
nice work....

i haven't watched Star Wars for a while (sacrilege) - was the control column a steering wheel or an aircraft Y yoke? I seem to remember a Y yoke ......

This image of the prop as seen in an exhibit of original props, costumes, models, and other assets from Star Wars in 1995 at the Center for the Arts in Yerba Buena Gardens, San Francisco.

Exhibit-1995-Original-Prop-Blog-Landspeeder-3-x425.jpg

More images here:
http://www.originalprop.com/blog/2009/10/06/photography-from-1995s-art-of-star-wars-original-movie-prop-costume-model-exhibition/

J

Congrats Sol! Glad to see you back and your super detailing skills are still at it. Take your time and get settled in your new life. I am just now getting time to sit and work on the models, 4 months after getting married.

Nice work here. And the addition of Luke looking at the sky will give this a sense of story.

Hey, guys, has been a while. Thanks everyone a ton for all your kind congratulations, and your interest to this project!

Sorry for such a long lack of progress, had to get used to the new flat and everything.

But finally, I'm back to this project, and I really hope to finish it before the end of the year.

I've complete Luke's figure, now it is only left to make binoculars for him.

I've also got a vaporator. It is from a Hasbro playset, but it's scale is almost perfect 1/24 and after some accurising it fits my dio greatly.

And, finally, I've scratchbuilt a treadwell droid to place him near the vaporator.

Next in my plans: assembling the scene and throwing primer on everything!
Stay tuned, friend, the next update won't take so long as this one for sure ;)

Excellent work, as always, the moist collector, the droid...
A skirt maybe too big for Luke but nothing to worry about, I'm sure you'll manage to build, and paint, a new masterpiece ! :D

Latest posts

Back